Ok. So I'm getting the HD Addon for the 360

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Whenever M$ decides that it wants to give us a definitive release date. My question it What HDDVD titles should I buy. Give me the reference quality. And I thought I'd get more action in here than in HDDVD forum, so if you need to move it do so, it's fine by me.

Whenever M$ decides that it wants to give us a definitive release date. My question it What HDDVD titles should I buy. Give me the reference quality. And I thought I'd get more action in here than in HDDVD forum, so if you need to move it do so, it's fine by me.

They have been hyping up Fast and the Furious Tokyo drift. Maybe MI: III if you can see past Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch.

Let us know how you like the HD DVD add on. Gamestop.com says that it ships on 11/7 so it might be sooner than you think. Some people already have the wireless headset a week early.

Wow, I always assumed you were a Sony guy based on our "spirited" debates of the PS3 and 360 pros and cons....

Here's a good rundown that DVDTalk threw together....

http://www.dvdtalk.com/hd/hddvd_shopping_guide.html

Now let's "hug it out, bitch" (nod to your avatar), and enjoy some buttery HD goodness....

I am a Sony guy, but I don't carry such a narrow mindedness that most people here show. I want to have both technologies. I do believe that Blu-ray is the better technology and will be necessary in the near future, but that's not going to make me bash the 360 or not want to experience HDDVD. No matter what I am still a Blu-ray fan b/c of the increased space and I KNOW this space will be needed in the future. I see no harm in adopting it now over adopting a technology that will last 5 more years then going to BD. That makes no sense to me. I think we should jump ship now.

Point taken.

Either way, hopefully one of them triumphs cleanly so we can establish a clear standard. I still prefer some form of Physical media. I'm not ready to have licenses that expire or that don't transfer to other devices easily.

Point taken.

Either way, hopefully one of them triumphs cleanly so we can establish a clear standard. I still prefer some form of Physical media. I'm not ready to have licenses that expire or that don't transfer to other devices easily.

Exactly. I hate DRM and licensing restrictions. If I purchase something I feel like it is mine and I should be able to watch/hear it whenever I want, where I want, and on the device of my choice. I sincerely hope that physical media is present for a long long time.

Broadband streaming technologies and DRM based technologies are IMO a Next-Next Gen type of technology, and hopefully they won't become prevalent until we get 50mbps internet access.

I've been spoiled in that I have the 30 MB downstream 2 MB upstream Cablevision broadband service (I have the Optimum Boost service).

I'm ready now for HD over IP. I'm just waiting for websites to start streaming media at more than 768k (the max I've seen from MLB.TV)

Or you can try South Korea..... They've got 50MB downstream speeds.... We've been lagging until recently.

My office connection is still a DSL max 3 MB. Hopefully Fios will get here soon....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)