Ok, so who is not telling the truth?

Gunslinger270

Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
I know I may be beating a dead horse here, but I feel this needs to be discussed.

In the July 2005 edition of the "SkyAngel Guide", pg 39 under the "Getting to know the Hallmark Channels" article, it states (and I quote) "Neither channel's schedule contains programming beyond a PG rating.....

" The Hallmark Channel - 9730 just got done showing "The Prince & the Pauper" The rating was R (SC). They are currently showing "Summers End" Rating: R ( V, SC ) :mad:

Now, someone is not being honest here! Either Hallmark lied when it made the agreement with SA, or SA is trying to pull a fast one on it's subscribers.

I don't quite know what to say. I'm mad, yet sad.........I want the best for my family, and feel like I've been sold a bill of goods....... I may post more later, I need to collect my thoughts. Until then, can anyone explain this???
Thanks.

Perhaps they mean AFTER editing for Hallmark.

Now we have an EPG it is easier to see the descriptions and orginal ratings for the shows (and the ratings locks will now work - as well as those locks ever do work). Although with all those R rated movies tomorrow, perhaps they are just Reruns?

JL

Hi Gunslinger!
Welcome to Satelliteguys!

The biggest problem I have found with all the Dish EPG movie descriptions is that they always rate the movies listed as their THEATRICAL release ratings. There are absolutely no movies on Halmark beyond PG after Halmark gets done "cleaning them up". Halmark doesn't just bleep words either. They delete entire gratuitus scenes and use alternate dialog (airplane edits).

Some may argue the movies are closer to PG13, but I have always found the PG13 rating to be redundant. PG means PARENTAL GUIDANCE is highly recommended. It does not mean: "It's okay to let the older kids watch!"

Anyway, all the programs I have seen on Hallmark and HMC are suitably sanitzed for all except a very few.

See ya
Tony

Another thing that I have noticed is that older movies that were higher rated then still have the same rating, even though their content would often only garner a PG rating today.

Brad

Gunslinger270 said:
I know I may be beating a dead horse here, but I feel this needs to be discussed.

In the July 2005 edition of the "SkyAngel Guide", pg 39 under the "Getting to know the Hallmark Channels" article, it states (and I quote) "Neither channel's schedule contains programming beyond a PG rating.....

" The Hallmark Channel - 9730 just got done showing "The Prince & the Pauper" The rating was R (SC). They are currently showing "Summers End" Rating: R ( V, SC ) :mad:

Now, someone is not being honest here! Either Hallmark lied when it made the agreement with SA, or SA is trying to pull a fast one on it's subscribers.

I don't quite know what to say. I'm mad, yet sad.........I want the best for my family, and feel like I've been sold a bill of goods....... I may post more later, I need to collect my thoughts. Until then, can anyone explain this???
Thanks.

Look at the rating that appears in the upper left hand corner of the movie when it begins, and following breaks. "The Prince & the Pauper" was given a PG rating by Hallmark, but the EPG did give an R rating.

No Christian organization stepped up the the plate with a movie channel, so Sky Angel has done the next best thing with Hallmark Movie Channel.

Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)