OK State Coaches Killed in Plane Crash

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I agree on that. The pilot was former Senator Olin Brandstetter and his wife Paula. They owned the plane and were OSU grads and big fans of the women's team. They actually set a world record in that plane in the 80's, as the first man and woman along with their son to fly over the North Pole in a single engine plane.

Sad to hear but ya know the stats of plane travel even in these small ones is less likely to have a accident than driving...look at how many plane accidents happen in a year vs a vehicle...ohh yeah I'd fly any day before I drove if I had the option.

Sad to hear but ya know the stats of plane travel even in these small ones is less likely to have a accident than driving...look at how many plane accidents happen in a year vs a vehicle...ohh yeah I'd fly any day before I drove if I had the option.
The older the aircraft, the harder to maintain it. Even in unpressurized aircraft like this, metal fatigue and stress fractures can form within the body of the aircraft over time that are undetectable. Although many are out there, you're taking a higher risk the older the aircraft.

The older the aircraft, the harder to maintain it. Even in unpressurized aircraft like this, metal fatigue and stress fractures can form within the body of the aircraft over time that are undetectable. Although many are out there, you're taking a higher risk the older the aircraft.

Well hopefully you'd do as thorough as you can a pre-flight checklist & visually inspect your plane before flight. It does seem like if you are a well known person,a private plane is a dangerous place to be.

These planes aren't supposed to fly over a certain height anyway...don't need to pressurize it as I think the Pipers are 5000ft cruising alt. As much as I agree about maintaining it I'm sure it would be just like any other airplane even that made 10years ago that requires checklists..but pressure had nothing to do with it at that alt.

But even still I'll fly in one of these way before I drive as it's 100x safer!

These planes aren't supposed to fly over a certain height anyway...don't need to pressurize it as I think the Pipers are 5000ft cruising alt. As much as I agree about maintaining it I'm sure it would be just like any other airplane even that made 10years ago that requires checklists..but pressure had nothing to do with it at that alt.

But even still I'll fly in one of these way before I drive as it's 100x safer!
Reading comprehension isn't big with you is it? Read my post again.

I agree on that. The pilot was former Senator Olin Brandstetter and his wife Paula. They owned the plane and were OSU grads and big fans of the women's team. They actually set a world record in that plane in the 80's, as the first man and woman along with their son to fly over the North Pole in a single engine plane.
The Senator was 82 years old. My wife has an uncle that age who has a pilot's license and he hasn't flown a plane by himself for several years now, let alone with passengers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)