Ok, Sunday Ticket is over. Can we expect any new HD channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dragon002 said:
scooby, you are correct, and i DOUBT if 2009 will happen.
BUT, if directv or cable receives the signal as digital, as of the law applying in 2009 they MUST pass it on as such
and you are correct as am i, there is NO HD MANDATE OR LAW
They already pass it on as such. DirecTV has been all digital since 1994.

scooby2 said:
Thank You CPanther95:)

scooby, read what he said,........assuming the eq is available, IT ISNT............assuming it is reliable,,,,it isnt.............ask him

i install this every day

the r-15 is JUNK

the H20 is questionable

the at9 is JUNK

Unfortunately, fixing it to their satisfaction, and mine, are two totally different things. I'm no longer a ST sub anyway, so hopefully I'll be able to hang onto my MPEG2 Tivos for a while yet.

dragon002 said:
you are confusing digital with HD
You are confusing reality with your la la land. The FCC has never said anything about HD. They are still trying to get rid of analog and move to digital. HD must carry most likely wont happen in the next decade.

CPanther95 said:
Unfortunately, fixing it to their satisfaction, and mine, are two totally different things. I'm no longer a ST sub anyway, so hopefully I'll be able to hang onto my MPEG2 Tivos for a while yet.

how do you watch the steelers??

scooby2 said:
You are confusing reality with your la la land. The FCC has never said anything about HD. They are still trying to get rid of analog and move to digital. HD must carry most likely wont happen in the next decade.

that is exactly what i said in two previous posts., I AM IN LA LA LAND???????????? THERE IS NOTHING that says ANY broadcasts HAVE to be HD,,,,only DIGITAL

dragon002 said:
panther ,
he wants directv to use the space on the transponders they use for SUNDAY TICKET.....but guess who would b*tch the most next august when they reverted back to the NFL??

They can get rid of it forever, as far as I am concerned. They have gotten their last cent from me for that overpriced package. I like football but not enough to pay those prices for it.

lou_do said:
They can get rid of it forever, as far as I am concerned. They have gotten their last cent from me for that overpriced package. I like football but not enough to pay those prices for it.
Yeah what will it be for the 2006/2007 season? $350 - $400 with the superfan? Screw that.

CPanther95 said:
They can keep TNT - just improve the quality of the ones they have and I'll be happy.
Shame on you! NASCAR on TNT-HD. Ringing any bells?

How can anybody living in Carolina not need TNT-HD for NASCAR?

;) ;) ;)

I'd rather watch paint dry.

I guess I'm the odd one, but I don't see the excitement in things like watching them change tires, clear the windshield and filling the tank. But even that is more interesting than watching someone successfully perform 1600 left turns in a row. Even my initial driving test at 16 involved many more procedures.

Let me know when they start parallel parking at 200 mph - then maybe I'll tune in. :)

CPanther95 said:
I guess I'm the odd one, but I don't see the excitement in things like watching them change tires, clear the windshield and filling the tank. But even that is more interesting than watching someone successfully perform 1600 left turns in a row. Even my initial driving test at 16 involved many more procedures.
Let me know when they start parallel parking at 200 mph - then maybe I'll tune in. :)

Well said! I never saw what was so great about Nascar either. It has to be the most boring sport out there!

CPanther95 said:

TimGoodwin said:
Well said! I never saw what was so great about Nascar either. It has to be the most boring sport out there!

Have either of you actually been to a race? Much different live than on TV. Worth doing at least once.:)

Could have gone to many through my company. Arranged for many of my customers to go, but I've only been to 2 (All-Star? short night races) in Charlotte, and 1 in Bristol - always in a luxury box. Can't imagine sitting in the sun for four hours.

Did Racing School 13 times 80 laps each in Charlotte (not the BS Richard Petty driving experience)- that's a different story - very fun, but it's because you're driving the car.

Unlimited expense report and covering the Carolinas - and I don't like NASCAR or Golfing - used to get a lot of grief. :)

Who watches it for the cars going round and round? I watch for the wrecks. :)

There is no bandwidth available as a result of ST ending. D* only had room for all those HD games by shutting off PPV channels on Sunday.

The HD games won't move to MPEG-4 next season. The spaceway satellites only do spotbeams. There will be no availability for conus MPEG-4 till sometime in 2007, after new satellites are launched.

Tom B said:
The HD games won't move to MPEG-4 next season. The spaceway satellites only do spotbeams. There will be no availability for conus MPEG-4 till sometime in 2007, after new satellites are launched.

As far as I know, MPEG-4 is not dependent on the spaceway sats. They could run MPEG-4 on their existing Ku sats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New R10 Owener Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)