OK This is odd......

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chefly

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Just moments ago as I was perusing my favorite Satelite site, my HBO HD started popping a lost signal warning...I let it go on a few moments, then decided to change the channel. As I punched the button for the guide, the channel came back!! then went away...button...back...off...button...back...weird!

I have a 622, and have never seen anything like this before...any i (wait, I have to hit the button again)deas what might be causing this?

Keith

PS it seems as long as I leave the program guide up, the channel stays on.

Just moments ago as I was perusing my favorite Satelite site, my HBO HD started popping a lost signal warning...I let it go on a few moments, then decided to change the channel. As I punched the button for the guide, the channel came back!! then went away...button...back...off...button...back...weird!

I have a 622, and have never seen anything like this before...any i (wait, I have to hit the button again)deas what might be causing this?

Keith

Receiver might be dying. Our 722 had been doing similar things (I was on a cell phone first time it did it) and after a couple days, Tech Support decided it was a bad receiver and replaced it.

Geoff

software issues, is a possible cause, 381's do the same thing, if the software isnt current.
turn off your receiver for a while, by pressing the power button on the remote. of course lol
give it a few mintutes and see if it updates.
other than check the connections to the reciever, over time with heat from the reciever they can loosen, but dont tighten them to much, just nicely finger tight.
if you have more problems then maybe give the CSC a call

Receiver might be dying. Our 722 had been doing similar things (I was on a cell phone first time it did it) and after a couple days, Tech Support decided it was a bad receiver and replaced it.

Geoff

My brother had a similar experience with his 622 some time back. After about a week of it, he called Dish, and they replaced it...never was a problem on the replacement 622.

My 622 was doing the same thing last night. Tuner #2 was recording NTGEO HD (off 129) nad evidently due to low signal the los warning kept popping up, pressed the guide button and it comes back, goes away, press Guide, comes back, on and on.

I checked the recording and it was OK (a few episodes of blockiness and pixellation).

Appears to be a signal issue.

Since my locals are now on 110, I'm moving my 148 dish to 61.5.

My 622 was doing the same thing last night. Tuner #2 was recording NTGEO HD (off 129) nad evidently due to low signal the los warning kept popping up, pressed the guide button and it comes back, goes away, press Guide, comes back, on and on.

I checked the recording and it was OK (a few episodes of blockiness and pixellation).

Thanks Jum...this seems to be the answer, cuz the problem went away shortly after I posted...thanks for all the replies.

I had the same problem with my 722. I called tech support and they scheduled a service call. In the meantime, I powered down the receiver, swapped the antenna leads from my 522. The problem went away. I started to get an error from the 522. I performed a check switch on it and the problem went away from that one, too.

Signal strength is 56 on both.

Just a black screen with no sound, don't we get that when there are other problems with a receiver. CSR's could really mess up people without the LOS screen.
No, I mean the little pop-up that covers your picture everytime it pixelates a little bit from a second of signal loss and then you are FORCED to press OK on the remote for it to go away. It will pop-up 30 times an hour during a bad storm.

Try This...

Keith

Same issues I have from time to time, even w/ the pix working ok while in the guide... check your "pip" source if you have OTA connected to the 622...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/148187-help-receiver-going-bad.html#post1515138

Each time i have it happen, this fixes it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)