Okay, here's a new one...weird timer problem

loubon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2010
New Jersey
I searched and couldn't find the exact same thing as this so here it goes....

I have two Hoppers both on 212. One is fine but yesterday on the other one when I checked the daily recording schedule it went from May 25th to May 30th. Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were gone. The timers are still there in my list of timers. The guide was fully updated. And when I went to record the two shows that would have been scheduled for yesterday (The Killing and Mad Men in addition to PTAT) it told me they were already scheduled. PTAT recorded fine even though that was not on the daily list of scheduled recordings. I shouls also note that on the guide the PTAT shows did have the little PT icon but the other shows did not have the little record symbol. I tried a reset and nothing happened. I was at least able to manually record them during the night at a later time after the reset but still the daily list shows nothing until May 30th.

:confused:

I had a very similar situation. I didn't realize it for 3 or 4 days at first(I stay a little behind watching my shows). When I noticed that none of my timers were recording I looked at the daily schedule. A line was drawn the the programs and and it said " already scheduled". I checked to see if the program was recording at a later time. It was not. I called Dish. It was a new problem to them. The scheduled a replacement hopper. In the meantime, I did a soft reboot. That fixed the problem. I refused the replacement hopper. I don't know what caused this problem. All has been well for about 10 days. I am checking daily now to make sure the timers are working.

That's the weird part. They weren't even showing up as already scheduled with a line in it. It was like those days didn't even exist. Only when I tried to reschedule did it say already scheduled (which apparently didn't work as the shows didn't record). Everything seems to be okay since the reset but that was really strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)