Okay, so when will Darth Malone spend $1 billion a year on movie premiums and nat?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zellio2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Okay so now it's obvious Darth Malone isn't Cheapo Charlie since D* is paying 1 billion a year for ST, it's just the Darth Malone isn't listening to us who want national hd and premium movie channels and is instead focused on sports.

When will this focus go back on national hd?

113830985_09f377146d.jpg

Jeff

I vote for Piratefan98 for one of the best replies of all time. (because it is so true at this point)

No...Because it doesn't bring the same type of revenue. How many people pay $300/year of HBO (for only 4 months at that)? Even though more people sub to HBO, I would be willing to bet that the total number of dollars brought to D* by HBO subs is not the same as that brought by the fewer ST subs.

No...Because it doesn't bring the same type of revenue. How many people pay $300/year of HBO (for only 4 months at that)? Even though more people sub to HBO, I would be willing to bet that the total number of dollars brought to D* by HBO subs is not the same as that brought by the fewer ST subs.

Plus, I'm sure D* brings in alot of new subs every year because of Sunday Ticket. Not to many viewers are going to switch providers just for more movie channels.

Plus, I'm sure D* brings in alot of new subs every year because of Sunday Ticket. Not to many viewers are going to switch providers just for more movie channels.
That there is the main reason for the exclusive contract, which costs a lot of money.

NFL, Center Ice and Tennis

it's one of the main reasons why I have directv

Ditto.

3 reasons I keep direc tv.

NFL sunday ticket...Ny Jets

Center Ice..............Ny Rangers

Tennis-...................Best coverage for slams...Seveal matches on at one time!

No brainer.

Exclusive/attractive sports programming packages will help a cable/sat provider capture more market share than any other programming options IMO. A person's sports team is a part of them, therefore they will fork out the dough to watch said sports team come hell or high water.

I should know. My wife and I made the flight from San Antonio, TX to Fayetteville, AR every weekend there was a home game (University of Arkansas). If I couldn't physically watch it, you could darn sure bet I was going to have it on TV if at all possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts