Oklahoma City HD locals active today!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

UPEngineer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Chickasha, OK
I called Directv to order a new receiver and asked when the OKC HD channels would be available in HD.

She looked and said they have two available as of today 04/18.

Reluctant, I went to the directv website and put in my zipcode and low and behold, ABC and FOX are showing available in HD.

So I went to my dad's house cause he has the MPEG4 system and sure enough they were there!

The CSR said the other ones were coming but could not give me a date.

Thought you might want to know.

Confermed

I called Directv to order a new receiver and asked when the OKC HD channels would be available in HD.

She looked and said they have two available as of today 04/18.

Reluctant, I went to the directv website and put in my zipcode and low and behold, ABC and FOX are showing available in HD.

So I went to my dad's house cause he has the MPEG4 system and sure enough they were there!

The CSR said the other ones were coming but could not give me a date.

Thought you might want to know.

I just Checked my HR-20-700 and indeed ABC and Fox are now in HD.

By the way if you have a Favorites list selected you will need to add the channels to the list. Even the SD channels disappeared.

How odd! Those are the two HD locals that Cox doesn't show. Sounds like a conspiracy. Maybe they want you to sub to both.

How odd! Those are the two HD locals that Cox doesn't show. Sounds like a conspiracy. Maybe they want you to sub to both.

You know I was actually wary about this because of that fact. I figured if Cox couldnt reach an agreement neither would Directv.

However, I figured KFOR and KWTV would already have an agreement in place (they may already and may have technical difficulties).

I am glad KOCO is available cause I cant pull it in with an antenna because they chose to use channel 7 as there digiatal station and I live smack dab in between OKC and Lawton and Lawton's ABC is analog channel 7 so they have to reduce the power to the SW to keep from conflicting.

I just Checked my HR-20-700 and indeed ABC and Fox are now in HD.

By the way if you have a Favorites list selected you will need to add the channels to the list. Even the SD channels disappeared.

Yeah I finally figured that out. Took me a while to see what my dad had done and why none of his SD locals were showing in the guide either.

Thanks for the heads up!

Strange, I just put my Hollis, ok zip in 73550, no hd available. I am in the OKC DMA.

It seems that to get these, you'll need the 5-LNB dish.

I have a dishnetwork account now, but was with Directv for years before. I just like to keep up with the news. I am going back to Directv's site and try some other zipcodes.

I have a dishnetwork account now, but was with Directv for years before. I just like to keep up with the news. I am going back to Directv's site and try some other zipcodes.
Holy cr*p. Hollis may be too far away from the center of the beam. I was thinking Hobart.

Holy cr*p. Hollis may be too far away from the center of the beam. I was thinking Hobart.

Well here is how it goes in my part of the state:

Mangum -no hd
Carter - no hd
Elk City - no hd
Clinton - yes 2 channels available

Hobart - hd yes, 2 channels

Woodward - no
Enid - yes
Blackwell - yes
watonga - yes

The folks in western okla. will not be pleased.

Griffin owns one of the holdout OKC stations, and the lone holdout station in Tulsa (CBS). Hopefully by football season they'll be lit.

I have been informed by a subscriber in Mangum that he can pick up the OKC HD channels, that means at least Carter should be able to also Elk City. May be a Directv database error.

2 of the big 4 are up. ABC and FOX. I was expecting CBS not be up due to Griffin owning the channels and the Tulsa channel not being up but what is the story on KFOR (NBC)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts