Oklahoma City HD locals active today!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
2 of the big 4 are up. ABC and FOX. I was expecting CBS not be up due to Griffin owning the channels and the Tulsa channel not being up but what is the story on KFOR (NBC)?
-------------------
Probably a dispute with D* over retrans cost or other contract problems...
call/write the station and urge them to sign with d* ASAP, as you are anxious
to view their programming in H/D;)
KFOR (NBC), Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (45)

Address 444 E Britton Rd
Oklahoma City, OK, 73114
Owner The New York Times Company
Business Phone # (405) 478-1212
Business Fax # (405) 478-6206
E-Mail Address news@kfor.com
Web Address http://www.kfor.com/

-------------------
Probably a dispute with D* over retrans cost or other contract problems...
call/write the station and urge them to sign with d* ASAP, as you are anxious
to view their programming in H/D;)
KFOR (NBC), Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (45)

Address 444 E Britton Rd
Oklahoma City, OK, 73114
Owner The New York Times Company
Business Phone # (405) 478-1212
Business Fax # (405) 478-6206
E-Mail Address news@kfor.com
Web Address http://www.kfor.com/

Here is the email I wrote to KFOR:

"To Whom it May Concern:

Yesterday, to my surprise, I started receiving my local channels in high definition on Directv. To my disappointment KFOR was not included in the list of channels. As a frequent viewer of KFOR’s news as well as NBC programming I am very anxious to view that programming in high definition. If you have yet to sign a retransmission agreement with Directv or are having contract issues I urge you to work out the contract issues or sign the retransmission agreement as soon as possible."

"To Whom it May Concern:

Yesterday, to my surprise, I started receiving my local channels in high definition on Directv. To my disappointment KFOR was not included in the list of channels. As a frequent viewer of KFOR’s news as well as NBC programming I am very anxious to view that programming in high definition. If you have yet to sign a retransmission agreement with Directv or are having contract issues I urge you to work out the contract issues or sign the retransmission agreement as soon as possible."
-----------------------
Perfect....just right...not too pushy, but let's them know how much you need this..
try to get your neighbors with D* service involved as well....:D

Hello,

I wrote David Griffin (President & CEO of Griffin Communications) an email asking the status of negotiations for Channel 9 (KWTV) to offer HD from Directv.

He wrote me back today and stated:

"Scott,
We are really close and it should happen by next week.
David
"

That is straight from the boss man so it might be looking good yet with Griffin Communications.

"To Whom it May Concern:

But the way KFOR forgets to flip the switch or just drops the hd feed because of some dark cloud in the panhandle, you are really not seeing much hd from nbc anyway.:D

"To Whom it May Concern:

I wrote the same email to David Griffin today. Still waiting on a response from KFOR.

I wrote the same email to David Griffin today. Still waiting on a response from KFOR.

Response from David Griffin within an hour:

"Thanks for the e-mail. We are very close to an agreement and it should happen next week.
David Griffin "

About Western Oklahoma reception, my email to D:

I am in the Oklahoma City DMA and I have noticed you have 2 HD channels working now. However when I key in my zip 73550 on your website local channel search it shows no HD available as is the case with many towns in western oklahoma. Is this really the case or are these channels available in Western Oklahoma with the correct equipment?

Answer from D:

Thanks for writing. I would be happy to answer your question. You are correct about not having any HD locals in your area. It does not matter what type of equipment you have, we are not able to broadcast HD locals in your area at this present time.

If you have any other questions, please call (800) 531-5000 24 hours every day and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Once again I would like to thank you for writing.

Sincerely,

Chris F.
ID#400604
DIRECTV Customer Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts