NHL playoffs and no HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Salacak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
This is incredible, NHL playoffs second round today and I don't see any HD. Just unreal and STUPID.

I agree. Right now there is a Yankees game scheduled tonight. When you are bandwidth challanged this is what you get. The new sats will make it better next year.

Call Directv like I did and remind them it is hockey playoff time and baseball still has 5 more months to play...

This is really stupid....I want my NHL in HD !!

Thats interesting, I saw the Sabre's / Rangers game in HD on 95 last night.

I was not uplate enough to see if the Ducks game was on or not.

Jimbo

the sabres/rangers game must have been added when the yanks game was called. and the duck/canuks game started at 10:30 in progress.

Yes, the Rangers game came on I think in the first intermission since the Yankees game rained out. Kudos on DirecTV for making that quick of a change.

by the time i flipped, the second peiod had just started. it was a nice surprise to see the hockey game!!!

Yes, the Rangers game came on I think in the first intermission since the Yankees game rained out. Kudos on DirecTV for making that quick of a change.

Great job again in providing the BEST HD sports programming available anywhere!!! KUDOS is RIGHT.

I watched the full Ducks/Canucks in HD as well the Rangers/Buffalo game in HD. But no HD tonight between SanJose and Detroit. :(

It's HD or die. :eek:

Red Wings in SD only

Yep, the Red Wings are only in SD on 608. VS said the game was broadcast in HD, but not on Directv. They just up two quick goals so maybe it's a good thing.

Again. On Thursday and Friday Vs/Golf HD channel shows *golf* and not hockey. Thus there is no HD feed available for DirecTV or Dish to show. It's not their fault.

And even on cable systems that have InHD where the HD feed of the game might be carried, they are showing NBA playoffs with the hockey game pushed to midnight on tape delay.

Contact Versus and tell them how much crap this is. I complain to them every Thursday and Friday they continue to show golf instead of *playoff* hockey.

As usual its all about not knowing all the facts and just wanting bash DirecTV at all costs and at every turn regardless. Its sad as always and IMHO the recent ban would have provided some clarity, but I guess not. I think there is absolutely ZERO credibility left and I doubt anyone cares about his comments any longer.

i didn't know that about the vs/gold hd channel. i thought it was gold by day and hockey by night. thanks for pointing that out.

As usual its all about not knowing all the facts and just wanting bash DirecTV at all costs and at every turn regardless. Its sad as always and IMHO the recent ban would have provided some clarity, but I guess not. I think there is absolutely ZERO credibility left and I doubt anyone cares about his comments any longer.

Sorry but no ban is going to stop me from telling the truth. As far as the nesn hd issue, I have already addressed this privately, so let's not keep bringing up the past. This is the only offtopic thing I am going to say.

I think versus having this contract with NHL is a joke and lack of HD games shows that. I don't care who is fault is that DTV or Versus but bottom line is NHL playoffs and we watch mostly without HD is unacceptable.

I think versus having this contract with NHL is a joke and lack of HD games shows that. I don't care who is fault is that DTV or Versus but bottom line is NHL playoffs and we watch mostly without HD is unacceptable.

I agree and think that they would get more coverage on ESPN. However, don't forget that since the NHL left ESPN, the NBA arrived and has the advantage when it comes to what/when the a program would be available and in HD. Matter of fact, if the NHL went back to ESPN, they could be relegated to limited coverage... until ESPN Ocho arrives and they are battling for HD coverage against dodgeball!

How long was the NHL and VS package for ?
I thought it was only for 2 years, and this IS the 2nd year, any word on if they will be on a channel(s) that would actually show more than SD hockey.

It's rediculous that they playoffs are not in HD, I am sure that is a VS issue and NOT a D* issue, D* only passes the programming along, the way they get it.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts