oklahoma football team must forfeit 2005 wins

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
the ncaa has handed down stiff penalties for the oklahoma sooner football team including forfeiting all of their wins from 2005!! they are also going to lose a couple of scholarships but i didn't notice how many years. its 2008-9 and 2009-10

this stems from the rhett bomar incident from last summer. all i can say is OUCH!!

ETA: sorry, i can't change thread title but ap is reporting 2005 when the sooners went 8 and 4. sorry, my bad!

Last edited:
I changed it for you.

I hear they are appealing that decision to have to forfeit the games.

Forfetting past games does nothing.
USC also had to forfet games in the Reggie Ball scandal, if that one was ever settled.

USC was to lose games , but in the larger scheme of things, they need to take away scholorships in order to make a difference.

Jimbo

thanks ramy! :)

agreed, only losing 2 scholarships hardly sends a message. but when i thought i had read they were forfeiting the 2006 season wins, i thought it might hurt a tad more.....especially, if they had ended up winning the fiesta bowl.

its just that i like bob stoops and would hope he would keep things in sooner land on the up and up!

There is no message to send. The university discovered on their own that Bomar and the other guy were getting paid for time they didn't actually work. It wasn't some newspaper or NCAA investigation that turned this up, it was the school.

Stoops took immediate action by kicking the players off the team at the start of spring practice, knowing they would have to go into the 2006 Big-12 season without an experienced quarterback. Do you think Florida or Miami would have done that?

miami....a definite no. florida........maybe.

trust me, i respect the fact that bob stoops took immediate action last summer and still finished the season, playing in a BCS bowl! that, IMHO, speaks very highly for him. i was one of a million gator fans who had hoped he would have been spurrier's successor, instead of the zooker!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts