Oklahoma gets shut out on the Royals Again

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bela_blasko2006

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Bartlesville, OK
Royals continue to claim Oklahoma as territory yet i have yet to get a game. This has gone on for years. I have the sports pack and Turbo Gold. Getting the Cards who are 5 hours away and can't get the Royals who are the closest team to me. When i try to watch on out of market package (MLB.com) it says im blacked out cause they are in my local viewing area-DOUBLE BLACKOUT!

Blame Dish as well for this one. They could pay the $$$ to gets Royals games for Oklahoma subs, and have chosen not to. But it is strange to say the least to here that you can get games from St. Louis but not from Kansas City. Looking at the MLB territory map even the OK panhandle is claimed by St. Louis but not by Colorado. ??? Not sure how this happens except MLB does funny things like that.

BTW, do you get Astros / Rangers games in OK as well?

Don't blame the Royals, blame Congress and Nielsen. Nielsen drew the territory lines 50 years ago, and Congress doesn't know how TV works. You're stuck until your elected representatives learn how to work FOR their constituents.

I am getting the Rangers and Astros just fine. We did not get blacked out on the WGN game last night. With the sports pack i should be getting the games correct? They CAN'T block you out locally AND on out of market package. This is the only team that i have had problems with and like i said it was like this last year. I have called dish, MLB, foxMW. Everyone wants to blame another party on this. What is the solution? Is Anyone in Oklahoma getting the royals?

Blame Dish as well for this one. They could pay the $$$ to gets Royals games for Oklahoma subs, and have chosen not to. But it is strange to say the least to here that you can get games from St. Louis but not from Kansas City. Looking at the MLB territory map even the OK panhandle is claimed by St. Louis but not by Colorado. ??? Not sure how this happens except MLB does funny things like that.

Part of the problem with the new FS Kansas City is that it was spun off of FS Midwest. When FS Midwest started to carry KC games a few years ago there started to be many different conflicts so to resolve this issue they created FS Kansas City which is still basically under FS Midwest. The only way that this will probably get resolved is that the Royal's will have to push this through with E*. The Cardinals had to force blackouts of the games on E* in this area to get FS Midwest to be considered as a local rsn because before that we only got Chicago which is 5 hours away vs. STL which is 2.5 hrs.

You can't blame Dish for that! Read MLB's rules. They determine the market for each team and issue blackouts! Dish can't buy a territory and give you whatever game you want.

I am getting the Rangers and Astros just fine. We did not get blacked out on the WGN game last night. With the sports pack i should be getting the games correct? They CAN'T block you out locally AND on out of market package. This is the only team that i have had problems with and like i said it was like this last year. I have called dish, MLB, foxMW. Everyone wants to blame another party on this. What is the solution? Is Anyone in Oklahoma getting the royals?
The sports pak does not mean you will get baseball games or any other sport, for that matter.

I hear you I live in Springdale Arkansas and we have a Royal's minor league team here and I believe we still get blacked out even thou they say that it's one of my market teams.

maybe this is one reason the Royals have been so bad for so long. People that want to watch the games and are in their viewing area (and people their advertisers want to reach!) can't see them. This is the only team i have a problem with-all others i can view on out of market or get them in my viewing area.

Same here if I was to subscribe to the multi sports pack I would get the Cards on FSNMidwest but I only get the multi sports pack from September to December for college football. Yeah the Royals games I guess are still blacked out here but oh well I don't care I'm a Giants and A's fan anyway.

Last edited:
Don't blame the Royals, blame Congress and Nielsen. Nielsen drew the territory lines 50 years ago, and Congress doesn't know how TV works. You're stuck until your elected representatives learn how to work FOR their constituents.
Or until the government gets out of yet another thing they have no business being involved in.

Well, in their defense, it almost made sense 50 years ago. Then somebody decided that consumer protection wasn't important enough to justify keeping up with the times and technology.

If it were me, I'd draw a 50-mile bullseye around every full-power TV transmitter in the country, and if you're inside that bullseye, you need to have that service available to you via FCC Must-Carry rules. If you're within 100 miles of the same tower, you'd be eligible for that service (maybe for a fee, maybe not). If you meet neither criteria, you should be able to get something like current Distant Network service, but still bound to the closest full-power market. Or maybe you're right, and they should just break down all of the dams and let it turn into a free-for-all like they did with everything else that's led to our current economic state.

I don't know how organizations like MLB and the RSNs would fit into this scheme, but once broadcast service rules are figured out, premium services would at least have a guideline.

I am happy to report that the Royals telecast came thru today on a alt channel. It appears they will be on again today as well. HD quality was awesome. With more baseball to watch it will soften the blow of not having MLB network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)