Oklahoma gets shut out on the Royals Again

Notice that my "alt" channel is blacked out next week for the series against the Indians. Hope i don't have to call again and *&^%$
FS Kansas City has always been an Alt on DiSH although it did not have the name assigned as such. Some RSTN games were on that when RSTN existed. There have been times when the providers have had to pay extra to carry a team in the outer regions of a teams territory. Even one situation which required extra to carry some of the games in the home city(The Indians on FSN Ohio when they dropped OTA coverage).

Calling isn't going to do any good. If the games aren't sellouts, we won't get them because of blackout rules.
MLB blackouts have *nothing* to do with sellouts.

Out-of-market MLB games will be blacked out no matter what on the RSNs. In-market MLB games will be shown if Dish has paid the $$$ to show the games in that area. For example, Dish has not paid the $$$ to show Yankees games anywhere, and has not paid the $$$ to show several west coast teams in Las Vegas, even though those teams (A's and Giants?) claim Las Vegas as in their home area. Has Dish paid the $$$ to show Royals games in Oklahoma? Not clear yet.

Sellouts do affect NFL blackouts, but do not figure in MLB blackouts.

its been hit and miss. Not getting tomorrows first game against the Tigers but the guide is showing Sat and Sundays game will be in HD on a alternate channel. I am grateful at this point that we in Oklahoma are at least getting SOME of the Royals telecasts but i don't get why we get some and not others when i know FOX KC is broadcasting nearly EVERY game and most are in HD.

The Royals aren't out-of-market in Oklahoma.

Yeah I have seen Royals games on as well in Oklahoma. You got to make sure to have the ALT Channels in your Fav list or you will forget they are there. I have seen Cardinals games on there as well.

I'm in Des Moines for the baseball season. I've had no blackouts for Cubs, WSox, Twins, Cards, and Brewers. About half of the Royals games have been blacked out.
All of Fridays (4/24) games with the above mentioned teams are showing up as blacked out in the guide. Anyone else in Iowa having the same problem or a theory as to why this would be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts