Old Hopper Recordings Not Playing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dtvevans

Original poster
May 5, 2013
Louisiana
We have a customer that is experiencing problems with certain recordings that he is not allowed to watch. They are mostly movies he has recorded months ago (at least 30 days old). He has watched them, some more than once. When he attempts to watch them again later (it appears the 30 day old mark triggers it), the slider appears at the end and does not permit starting over or rewinding. The only option is to delete the recording and attempt to find it and record it again. Definitely occurring on HBO, Showtime, etc. but only movies, not series or specials. He is on his 6th Hopper. These are not pay per views nor On Demand events. Acts like there is a kill date embedded. Any suggestions?

Did your customer downgrade and remove HBO and Showtime from the subscription? If so, that is the answer.

Did the customer try to restore the program from EHD to IHD. I had this problem when i saved programs to EHD from my 722 and then had hoppers installed. The Hopper would play all programs from the EHD , but when I moved some back to the IHD so I could watch them on my other Hopper. I lost them. You could not play them on either Hopper. In another thread i read that Dish has fixed the problem. However, I don't trust it anymore and will leave the programs on the EHD and duplicate them on my other Hopper.

Did your customer downgrade and remove HBO and Showtime from the subscription? If so, that is the answer.

I have recorded movies from the premiums and have no trouble watching them after I no longer subscribe to them.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)