Old sticky threads

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
It seems that the list of sticky threads in this forum could use a little clean-up. I maintain the threads (Discussion and Non-Discussion) about the free previews each month. This month's No Discussion thread has now been made a sticky. (Thank you!) However, the old No Discussion thread from May, as well as the really old Free Previews thread that these new threads were intended to replace, both remain sticky. Also, the U927 remote control thread is also sticky. I thought that thread had been de-stickied when the U934 thread was posted, but now it is back.

Got, sorry, I do basically same type things at work (plus much, much more)approvals, etc... ;)
dfergie this is the thread that needs to be in sticky, not U935.

dfergie this is the thread that needs to be in sticky, not U935.

Actually, I like it better with the regular thread for the latest software version being a sticky. The only suggestion I would have going forward is that the thread title should also include the other receiver models' software versions (Hopper, Hopper With Sling, Hopper Duo, Wally) so that we have one consolidated thread to discuss all of the changes made by the latest software release. Often, when Dish makes changes and/or releases new features, other receiver models are also affected, not only the Hopper 3.

dfergie, thanks for clearing out the old outdated Free Previews threads from the sticky list. Now the only ones that should be removed from that list are the U934 ones.

Reactions: Foxbat
This month's Free Previews (Discussion and Non-Discussion) Threads have been posted, and are ready to be made sticky:

Also, I have created a new thread for the Dish Equipment Fees, since it was also suggested that we should have a sticky for the Loyalty Department's phone number. So, I combined both of those requests into this new thread, which now needs to be made sticky:

Reactions: charlesrshell
This month's Free Previews threads have been posted. The No Discussion Thread can be found here, and should be made sticky: Free Previews (No Discussion) Thread - October 2020

Also, several other members have agreed that the list of equipment fees and loyalty department phone number should be made sticky: Dish Equipment Fees (and Loyalty Department phone number)
Update: as of 1:55 PM Eastern Time 10/1/2020, the September Free Previews Discussion Thread briefly appeared as a sticky and then was unstickied. The October Free Previews Discussion Thread is available here, if you would like to make it sticky:

The September Free Previews No Discussion Thread is also still sticky, and can now be unstickied.

Actually, I like it better with the regular thread for the latest software version being a sticky. The only suggestion I would have going forward is that the thread title should also include the other receiver models' software versions (Hopper, Hopper With Sling, Hopper Duo, Wally) so that we have one consolidated thread to discuss all of the changes made by the latest software release. Often, when Dish makes changes and/or releases new features, other receiver models are also affected, not only the Hopper 3.
I have posted the new thread about the latest software version, in the hope that it becomes a sticky:
Please make this thread a sticky, to replace the old U935 sticky thread. Also, please change the title of my new sticky thread to reflect the latest software versions for the other receiver models, as soon as that information gets posted in the thread. Thank you.

I have posted the new thread about the latest software version, in the hope that it becomes a sticky:
Please make this thread a sticky, to replace the old U935 sticky thread. Also, please change the title of my new sticky thread to reflect the latest software versions for the other receiver models, as soon as that information gets posted in the thread. Thank you.
Thank you for making this thread a sticky. Now, the only thing left to do is to add the other receiver models' software versions to the thread title. For now, the updated thread title should read:
"New Software: Hopper Duo (U990), Hopper 1 (....), Hopper 2 (U740), Hopper 3 (U936), Wally (U825)"
No Hopper 1 users have posted in the thread yet, so I still do not know what that new software version is.

Thanks to HipKat, for posting the complete list of software versions in that sticky thread. The thread title should now be changed to read as follows:
"New Software: Hopper Duo (U990), Hopper 1 (U916), Hopper 2 (U740), Hopper 3 (U936), Wally (U825)"

Also, I have posted the new No Discussion thread for this month's Free Previews:

Thank you for making this thread a sticky. Now, the only thing left to do is to add the other receiver models' software versions to the thread title.
A request to change the title of this sticky thread. Rather than update the title with each new software release, as I had originally intended, how about filling in just the first letter of each model's software version? This would make the new title read:
"New Software: Hopper Duo (H...), Hopper 1 (H...), Hopper 2 (H...), Hopper 3 (H...), Wally (W...)"
This would eliminate the really outdated U990 from the thread title, while still avoiding the need to update the title with each new version. Since the title never has been updated since this thread was originally posted, this approach seems to be the easiest way to go. Now that Dish has implemented having the letter at the beginning of the software version match the receiver model (H for Hopper, W for Wally, J for Joey) the title of the New Software sticky thread should reflect that, if this sticky thread is going to continue. Thank you for your consideration, and have a nice day. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)