Old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
Is there a way to lock/close old threads so they can still be read but they can't be posted to? I am bringing this up because there is a 522 thread in DISH forum resurrected from 2005, most of the information is probably way out of date. The last poster should have started a new thread. This has happened many times it seems if a thread has been inactive for at least a year the problem has probably been solved or a new thread would be less confusing.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/308867-Posting-to-outdated-threads

I addressed this a short time ago.

It appears the forum standard has changed to how far back posts go. You can go into your settings and change it to go back more.

Also, if there is supposed to be a warning that you are about to post to an outdated thread, I'm not getting it. Just tried a post from November 2007 and was able to post with no warning. Same result as when Scott said the warning is on the site here. Doesn't seem to be working?

Last edited:
Over the weekend I tried posting in a thread in the Sports forum where the last post was in December, 2012. It wouldn't let me, saying it had been more than 120 days since the last post. I got around it by creating another thread with the same name. A mod has since merged my thread with the original.

Is this the way it's supposed to work?? Before, you got the warning message about resurrecting and old thread, but it let you continue. Now, it looks like all threads are essentially locked after 120 days of no activity...

Same here. Tried to bring the Rookie Blue thread back since the next season is starting and it wouldn't let me. We don't need a new thread if there is an existing thread already.

S~

Yeah, that rule would be bad, especially for TV shows. Activity would definitely die down when they're on break or doing re-runs, i.e. over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)