Status
Please reply by conversation.

shankle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
Hope it's alright to put this here.
Looks like we might see the 1st expensive oled tvs of a decent size in 2012.
We have had bad tv in this country for 50 years.
The digital signal is a vast improvement. Next will be the TV technology.
Horse and buggy to Rolls Royce. I can hardly wait.
Then the Monitors. I will be able to hang a 24" monitor on the wall that
the frame will weight more than the screen. Bocu desk space.
I need a spell checker.....

Technology advances. At a rate today that took 100 years previously. The audio CD and DVD's are "old tech" today, and soon to be obsolete, and they only came out 20 some yrs ago. Now it's pure digital. delivered via the internet, stored on a piece of silicon in your player. Star Trek technology probably isn't that far off. (except for maybe the transporter) An invention today, for a particular application, doesn't stay exclusive very long. Someone produces something different/better within a short time. TV's and monitors, soon you won't need a frame for the screen, nor a chassis to hold the tuner and inputs, as it's 100% wireless. You'll probably be able to roll it up and and put it in your pocket. The internal power supply recharges on just ambient room light. Might not even need a remote, touch screen? Probably not, just "think it" and your bio-interface module will - - I think you get where I'm going.

The first week I owned a tiny mp3 player I kept looking at it and thinking 'no way'. FaT Air's pocket TV will seem a miracle for one week too. Crazy good stuff.

With my luck my monitor will break down just before a reasonable 24" oled monitor comes out.
Then I will have to live with old technology for 10 years. Yuk.
We are purposely running antique ty's and waiting and waiting.

I had to get rid of my old Mitsubishi Diamond rear projection CRT HDTV (1st HD set) when we moved in the spring of 2008. It was six years old but I kept it calibrated and it looked simply fantastic. Through the years we've owned DLP, 3LCD, Plasma, LED and LCD sets...yet, none of their pictures can touch my calibrated Mits Diamond CRT - nothing. Anyway, I've purchased my last set until a technology comes out that is truly deserving of my money. Will it be OLED/AMODED? We shall see.

Since this thread is in the FTA department, I've just got to say it....

At least do the new monitor technology justice, and hook it up with a proper interface.
Use of composite video, or worse yet modulated RF, are the true horse 'n buggy, here!
Just say "no" to low-bandwidth video hookups! - ;)

If they don't make improvements to eliminate motion blur, OLED won't impress me too much. Even the latest 240 Hz LCD sets don't impress me.

At the very least it should make the older plasma and LED screens a better price for the consumer. A 720p big screen with the proper input signal is still amazing to view. I still own a plasma EDTV (420p) and with a high def signal the picture is amazing. The first generation of "anything" I normally restrain myself from purchasing simply because the bugs are not worked out and the price is at a premium. I remember the first 40" plasma screens were $10,000 dollars. And I know that in the next few years I'll be saying the same things about the OLED and what ever technology supersedes it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.