OLED AND DISH PICTURE QUALITY

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
But, like I said, QLED belongs to Samsung ...
Are you saying that there is a QLED technology that is being used by the rest as well ?
Anyone selling a tv termed quantum dot, is using what samsung calls QLED technology. It is the same thing. TCL even calls theirs QLED as well.

Hisesne is Quantum ULED. Vizio is "whatever" series Quantum.

All the same thing.

I have a 65" LG smart tv that is about 4 years old. Can you really see a significant difference in the picture between the OLED models and the older LG smart tvs.
Yes, but OLED TV's don't have anywhere near the lifetime of LCD's, considering the higher price of the OLED's, and they tend to decline in a more noticeable way over time compared to LCD's. OLED's don't age well.

As OLED's improve on lifetime, I will wait before I get an OLED. For now, I would still by and LCD, and I so appreciate the VERY LONG life of my LCD's that still produce a great picture, and I don't like to spend money to replace my TV's often. I haven't had a new TV in 8 years (my oldest is about 16 years old) and I like not spending money until I have to. My TV's will have to die a complete death before I reach into my wallet :).

You're confusing me. I didn't know they even built LCD tv's anymore. I thought they quit selling LCD tv's about 12 years ago. If you go to Best Buy, they offer LED and OLED, no LCD.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, but OLED TV's don't have anywhere near the lifetime of LCD's, considering the higher price of the OLED's, and they tend to decline in a more noticeable way over time compared to LCD's. OLED's don't age well.

As OLED's improve on lifetime, I will wait before I get an OLED. For now, I would still by and LCD, and I so appreciate the VERY LONG life of my LCD's that still produce a great picture, and I don't like to spend money to replace my TV's often. I haven't had a new TV in 8 years (my oldest is about 16 years old) and I like not spending money until I have to. My TV's will have to die a complete death before I reach into my wallet :).
Do you have anything to back up the OLEDs won't last ?
They haven't been out long enough to actually say that ... they arrived, at least some of them arrived in 2013 I think I read.
Have they all died or gone bad ?
I got mine in 2018 (Sony A8) and it looks as good as the day I got it .... but it really hasn't been that long.

If I did upgrade, it would be to the Sony Master Series.

While it can vary with usage, OLEDs have a very long lifespan that won’t impact most.

862f1906efa60e816f30c8bc04034552.jpg

And on the low end.

7f9b39832d388e31d3b0a55d1d82ad07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
Samsung has its own OLED system, which they have abandoned for now. Uses direct emitting RGB OLED elements. More efficient than LG’s “white” and filters. Potentially eventually cheaper to make, too.

But LG’s works. Samsung’s is in the lab, waiting for production and technological improvements. Might still be waiting when the Holosuite comes out.

While it can vary with usage, OLEDs have a very long lifespan that won’t impact most.

862f1906efa60e816f30c8bc04034552.jpg

And on the low end.

7f9b39832d388e31d3b0a55d1d82ad07.jpg

OK, but they do decay at a more noticeably faster rate, so total "life" is not the only thing to consider. I just think there is still a little more advancement and price drop to go for OLED before yours truly would by one, but I fully support other people making the OLED purchase (and I know people who have) if they are ready for it now. I would never even get an OLED phone today (I keep my phones way too long), but someday, perhaps.

I have Two Panasonic plasmas (2009) still kicking - And performing exceptionally well. No issue whatsoever with burn in and or image retention.

They’ve enjoyed a bit of a life extension as I’m now viewing 1080P over the air broadcasts with a new SD ASTC 3.0 tuner. Absolutely fabulous images delivered via Apple TV 4Ks

As a result I’ll wait a bit longer to go OLED. I’ve always detested LED/ LCDS.

Samsung has its own OLED system, which they have abandoned for now. Uses direct emitting RGB OLED elements. More efficient than LG’s “white” and filters. Potentially eventually cheaper to make, too.

But LG’s works. Samsung’s is in the lab, waiting for production and technological improvements. Might still be waiting when the Holosuite comes out.
I'm waiting for the Holodeck !

I have Two Panasonic plasmas (2009) still kicking - And performing exceptionally well. No issue whatsoever with burn in and or image retention.

They’ve enjoyed a bit of a life extension as I’m now viewing 1080P over the air broadcasts with a new SD ASTC 3.0 tuner. Absolutely fabulous images delivered via Apple TV 4Ks

As a result I’ll wait a bit longer to go OLED. I’ve always detested LED/ LCDS.

I went from my Pioneer Elite Plasma to my Sony OLED, love(d) both of them ... I sold my Plasma to a friends about 5 years ago and its still going strong.

LG OLEDS give a fantastic picture. No current technology has blacker blacks. Great contrast and more than adequate brightness for me. Mine is a 2017 model and hopefully they have been able to make it less susceptible to burn-in. Mrs Volts is a new junkie and there are there are several spots of burn-in. I understand how the bug in the bottom right corner did it, I'm less happy about being able to make out where the news scroll at the bottom of the screen was, and I'm upset that there is a silhouette of a talking head. In general viewing none of these is really annoying but they are there.

So what will I buy for my next TV, probably another OLED - they just look so much better. It will probably be another LG even though I'm PO'd with them due to problems with my car's battery pack and the recall that will take forever to complete.