Updating Wally Guide on Secondary Port

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

schuess60

Original poster
May 7, 2022
Pleasant View, TN
I recently bought another Dish Wally for my RV along with a Pathway X2. Now that I have 2 Wally's, I want to know if my Wally connected to the secondary port of the X2 will update the guide or do I have to connect it to the primary port to get the guide updated. I believe in order to update the software, it must be hooked up to the primary port. Is this true for the guide as well?

When you ran your setup, did you select single or dual reciever?

If single did you run a check installation on the 2nd reciever after the first was all good to go?

You may already know this but when you set 2 recievers up in single reciever mode you get to pick which arc to look at, eastern or western. The main reciever will then scan for the sattelites on the arc and ultimately download the guide for all the channels on all 3 sats.

when you turn on the 2nd receiver it should run a check installation then download the guide. The 2nd reciever can only tune channels the 1st reciever is pointed at.

The guide is broadcast periodically, though i cant seem to find how often, i remember reading about it in the past. Make sure the first reciever doesnt change channels for around 10 minutes while the 2nd does the check installation and guide update. The guide wont immediately load but just give it a bit and see if it does.

I chose single receiver and connected successfully connected the main Wally and it did the guide download. I then ran a switch check on the second Wally. It seemed to successfully connect but gets no channels. I put it in standby hoping to get it to download the guide eventually but after several hours that never happened.
Unfortunately, I am getting a Error 1604 on the second Wally witch according to the last Dish tech support person I spoke with said that the error indicates a memory issue and the only fix is to replace the box. I have a new one coming in so I’ll see if that resolves my problem.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I chose single receiver and connected successfully connected the main Wally and it did the guide download. I then ran a switch check on the second Wally. It seemed to successfully connect but gets no channels. I put it in standby hoping to get it to download the guide eventually but after several hours that never happened.
Unfortunately, I am getting a Error 1604 on the second Wally witch according to the last Dish tech support person I spoke with said that the error indicates a memory issue and the only fix is to replace the box. I have a new one coming in so I’ll see if that resolves my problem.

I assume on the first wally you're able to see live tv while the 2nd is getting nothing?

Have you tried making the 2nd reciever the primary? Leave the rg6 connected the same at the pathway x2 so you can either prove or disprove that the 2nd reciever is bad. If it works when connected as the main it may be a coax issue and not a wally issue.

Also does either wally have a drive plugged in? In my brief research i saw that at least in the past, having a drive hooked up for dvr functionality would cause problems with guide downloading for users with single lnb antennas. I'm not sure if that problem has been fixed yet.

I assume on the first wally you're able to see live tv while the 2nd is getting nothing?

Have you tried making the 2nd reciever the primary? Leave the rg6 connected the same at the pathway x2 so you can either prove or disprove that the 2nd reciever is bad. If it works when connected as the main it may be a coax issue and not a wally issue.

Also does either wally have a drive plugged in? In my brief research i saw that at least in the past, having a drive hooked up for dvr functionality would cause problems with guide downloading for users with single lnb antennas. I'm not sure if that problem has been fixed yet.
The secondary Wally used to be my primary. It was very hit or miss. It was a combination of issues. First the Tailgater antenna had issues, the Wally itself was getting the 1604 error which states "A problem with your receiver has been detected which may affect its reliability. Please contact Dish Technical Support for more information". Unfortunately, the cable was the first thing I troubleshot and it was fine. Its rarely the cheaper solution. As I stated earlier, I have another Wally coming so I'll see if the issue resolves itself.

The secondary Wally used to be my primary. It was very hit or miss. It was a combination of issues. First the Tailgater antenna had issues, the Wally itself was getting the 1604 error which states "A problem with your receiver has been detected which may affect its reliability. Please contact Dish Technical Support for more information". Unfortunately, the cable was the first thing I troubleshot and it was fine. Its rarely the cheaper solution. As I stated earlier, I have another Wally coming so I'll see if the issue resolves itself.

I figured you had done other troubleshooting but didn't want to assume.

Im currently in the process of getting rid of my pathway x2 and changing to a tripod mount dish with hybrid lnb. During my first test of the new setup i found that a single cable from the wall to my Wally was the cause for all of my problems with the x2. Never even bothered to try setting it up with a 2nd reciever. In my case the cheapest solution would've been correct.

Let us know if replacing the wally works out.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)