oln channel??????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OLN must have been a awesome channel for all the unhappy people cause of the move of the channel to Directv. I never got to see it cause i don't have the top 180 but I'm sure if I did get to see it I would be about as pissed as ya'll.

I would think that most of the E* subs who would now switch to D* because of the loss of OLN would from the of people who are BIG NHL fans and who are NOT big NFL fans. Thus they would still be on E* despite not having NFL:ST, but would now be driven there to watch NHL.

I've never suspected that this was a very large number of people. For one thing, there aren't that many big NHL fans (or else that programming would have never gone to a channel like OLN). And many of those would also be NFL fans or other big-time sports fans who have always leaned toward D* anyway.

Thus this was an excellent opportunity for Charlie to resist paying high fees at comparatively small risk of a big subscriber loss.

Of course, Comcast is negotiating for the 8 game NFL package which would presumably be put on OLN. If they get it, Dish may end up paying an even higher carriage fee than is being demanded now.

Dish Network may experience just as big of a subscriber loss by raising their fees on the basic package as they would by dropping the channel. I have not heard that many really complain and threaten to leave Dish Network as a result of the channel being dropped. They like OutDoor channel better anyways and also have the Men's channel. DirecTv does not have the Men's channel do they?

GeorgeLV said:
Of course, Comcast is negotiating for the 8 game NFL package which would presumably be put on OLN. If they get it, Dish may end up paying an even higher carriage fee than is being demanded now.
No comcrap would just raise the contract fee's midcontract just like they did with the NHL!!!

AS far as hockey fans switching to DTV, I am sure many of them already purchased the NHL CI package if they are real dedicated hockey buffs. I think they are stuck with Dish for now.

I personally do not think it is that big of a loss since there is still Outdoor Channel and The Men's Channel. I thought The Men's Channel was a shopping channel too since its in the same area as the shopping channels.

Since the withdraw of OLN. I switched from T180 to T120. My wife and daughter really likes the PBR. They were upset when they missed the finals. I'll probably switch to Direct first of the year when the PBR starts back up. I really thought they would have gotten it back on. I know that the PBR is not as popular as most sports but there is a big following of it.

Steve

They said to watch huntin with Ernie and big Ed. on the Mens Channel. That is a great substitute for the Tour De France

OLN or bust

As a huge cycling fan, unfortunately it is OLN or nothing for me. Yeah I sent a lot of emails when it was first pulled, but Comcrap is really to blame here and what can I do when I depend on them for Internet access and local HD channels as well?
I could put up an outdoor antenna for HD, switch to DSL (finally available here but only at 1/4 the bandwidth of cable) and DirecTV, but my pride and principles are not worth that much (and Dish and Comcrap probably know it).

I do have OLN on basic analog cable so all is not lost. But I was a DVR early adopter and cannot stand the number and repetition of OLN's commercials, so unless the mountain moves for Charlie it looks like from now on I'll be watching my cycling in the den on the Media Center PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts