Olympic Ratings on NBC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When I am home I usually have it on while I do other things. If there is something interesting I just rewind a bit and check it out. Normally I do not have the TV on unless I am actively watching it, so this is different behavior for me.

Most of the stuff in the Olympics is only interesting because I only watch it every 4 years. I would not watch it every week like I would watch football.

I have hardly watched any of the Olympics and will be glad when it is over and NBC will lose viewers when primetime series startup in September and is one of the worse stations for series imo :D :)

You and me both, can't wait for it to be over so the other channels can stop being scared to run new episodes. Only thing I heard people talk about was them bitching that football isn't on the roster when ping pong is.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

You and me both, can't wait for it to be over so the other channels can stop being scared to run new episodes. Only thing I heard people talk about was them bitching that football isn't on the roster when ping pong is.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Add baseball to the list and replace boxing with pillows and headgear with MMA. :)

Olympics final ratings: Most-watched summer games since 1996

Source

NBC's coverage of the Summer Olympics set a record as the most-watched "event" in American TV history, and its average ratings improved on the numbers from four years ago.

Over the 17 days of the games, NBC's prime-time coverage averaged 31.1 million viewers per night, up from 27.7 million in Beijing. It's the most-watched Summer Olympics since the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, and the most-watched games staged outside the United States since 1976.

NBC also says 219.4 million people watched at least six minutes of these Olympics, making it the biggest TV event since Nielsen started measuring ratings. It surpasses the 215 million who watched the 2008 Olympics.

Full Story

Stellar numbers for the Peacock Network...now, if they can only find a way to boost their post-Olympic ratings above CW-like numbers.

Add baseball to the list and replace boxing with pillows and headgear with MMA. :)

Meh...baseball is like watching paint dry to me. Only two people at a time are actually doing something and that's standing in one spot. Then again football can get boring between each play as the players pat each other on the butt before they line up again, if I'm behind from pausing the game a 30 second bump button press is in order between plays. MMA is awesome though, lots of action and carnage...the blood on the mat is just icing on the cake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)