Olympics Feed Freezing The Micro

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Well here is one that is challenging my Micro. 6 mux from London 103 Ku, 12156 H 20768 S2.
All of the 6 channels do it frequently while the rest of the sat including the NBC stuff is fine.
This is on a fixed 1.2m with the special skew for 103 Ku.
Anyone with a MicroHD getting this ok?

I am not picking up a blip from that frequency. Doing a Blind Scan now.

Picking up...
NBC Mountain HD
NBC West HD
Channel 15 Occasional
Cap1-19D
Cap2-19E
Cap3-19F
$MS3
$MS4
MS10
MS20
ESPN Encoder 2
Microspace
$FedExChannels
$Test Channel 100
$FXTV Channel 200

And thats it...

I should note that I just put on of the new Satellite AV PLL LNB's on my DISH and have not had the time to tweak it for maximum performance yet... Plus the 103 bird has that strange skew issue. Since I get the NBC feeds on my C Band dish I never really fooled with the LNB on my KU DISH to try pulling in the 103 feeds.

Yes, what Scott listed is exactly what you'll see without twisting the LNB 26 or so degrees clockwise (looking from the front).

I will definitely be checking this out when I get home.

What are the names of the six channels? I need to find a formula to convert the frequency to its bandstacked equivalent.

HD1 NC PATH-1
HD2 NC PATH 2
HD3 OTS_OLY-ZONE
HD4 GANNETT
HD5 WHDH/KING/WTHR
HD6 BEAUTY

24600 - published freq. = scanned freq.

so for this one 24600 - 12156 = 12444

The signal is down at this time. Try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well here is one that is challenging my Micro. 6 mux from London 103 Ku, 12156 H 20768 S2.
All of the 6 channels do it frequently while the rest of the sat including the NBC stuff is fine.

what's your signal quality?

I'm finding this stand-up live shot mux hard to tune on both my primestar dish and my 8' birdview dish.

I suspect freezing might be related to marginal signal quality because that is a characteristic of a signal that is lockable just above threshold. I can't confirm or deny the H264 problem because I"m still not able to tune in that feed to analyze what video compression they are using on the video streams. I know H264 video is most likely to cause problems with the microHD (just like the other two ALI chip receivers in my sat shack) and I've never had problems on any signal if the video stream is MPEG2.

When I wasn't getting any stutter last night, my signal quality was 72%. Now, it's between 65% and 70% and the slate on HD5 is barely coming through. I hear tone trying to break through. I did notice the FEC is 8/9!

Its like that for me too, and I have a 1.8m Prodelin dish, with the LNB skewed correctly. They using high FEC and low power, so if your dish isnt dead on, it will be a nogo.

8/9 FEC is a low degree of error correction, so it's harder for the receiver to get all the "bits" lined up in the right order. 9/10 FEC is the only thing worse to try to get in the S2 stuff. My guess is that "they" are doing nothing to make it easy to receive at home. :)

Looks pretty good with a 1.2m here in Northern California. Need a bigger dish for this feed as it has very little margin above threshold. This FEC requires much more signal to maintain good PQ.

Most stations have no issue as they usually have 5+ meter dishes for these feeds.

Looks pretty good with a 1.2m here in Northern California. Need a bigger dish for this feed as it has very little margin above threshold. This FEC requires much more signal to maintain good PQ.

Most stations have no issue as they usually have 5+ meter dishes for these feeds.
What I wouldn't give to have a motorized 5.0M motorized Ku dish. !!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts