Olympics in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rangers484

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
Move this if in the wrong place..

It has been brought to my attention by friends and family that many providers don't carry MSNBC in HD yet.

Normally this would not be of interest to me since I do not watch MSNBC anyway but with the Olympics having a large presence on MSNBC, CNBC, Universal, USA and of course NBC it sure is nice to be able to see ALL of the Olympics in HD.

Many of my friends had to watch USA hockey in SD because their carrier does not have HD for all of the above mentioned channels.

I want to thank DISH in this instance. :up

Jim Rome blasted the NBC for hot having the Sunday Night USA vs Canada in HD. Apparently he either has DirecTV, or a local Cable company that doesn't carry MSNBC in HD.

Too bad a lot of the country assumes MSNBC is not available in HD, as we all know (due to the saturation DirecTV HD ads) DirecTV has the MOST HD over every other provider.:D

Its unfortunate that most prospective HD subscribers don't know that Dish offers 23 more Nationally available HD channels than DirecTV.

Thanks for the larger variety of HD channels Dish.

John

Well those of us with HD ABSOLUTE didn't get to watch SD or HD of the USA vs. Canada game! I can't believe that hockey is so much less popular than curling or most of the other Olympic sports but I guess I see proof of it everywhere and all of the time. It's a shame that many Americans had to miss that game.

I'm American and I didn't miss the game. I have programming that I pay for that had it on Dish. I'm sorry that you didn't....

And the funny thing is for DishAbsolute fans is...

We get CNBC-HD which I am thinking should be renamed the "Canadian national broadcasting channel". Tuesday after noon they showed Canuck curling followed by womens hockey. Last night was men's Can vs Russia. Have not seen much on Uni-Hd yet but I have to take the remote away from my wife, who watching the figure skating constantly.

On a side note: I can not figure out why NBC paid big bucks for these olympics and wanted them in a North American time zone. They tape delay virtually everything anyways.

Steve

Turbos and Absolutes don't get MSNBC among others...the point ROss was making.

My mistake, I thought he was refering to the 72.5 situation.

I have to agree with Bobby and Slamminc11, MSNBC HD is available if you want to pay for it. It's become a choice to stick with the legacy packages knowing DISH will not be adding the newer stuff.

But this was not intended to become a session to air gripes about what DISH has failed at. As far as I am concerned, I am the only one of my friends and family enjoying ALL of the Olympic coverege in HD, not withstanding the ungodly amount of curling that gets shown.

We get CNBC-HD which I am thinking should be renamed the "Canadian national broadcasting channel". Tuesday after noon they showed Canuck curling followed by womens hockey. Last night was men's Can vs Russia. Have not seen much on Uni-Hd yet but I have to take the remote away from my wife, who watching the figure skating constantly.

On a side note: I can not figure out why NBC paid big bucks for these olympics and wanted them in a North American time zone. They tape delay virtually everything anyways.

Steve

They are streaming alot of the events live on NBCOlympics.com if you really want to watch some of the events as they occur.

I agree the curling is out of hand, how about showing some of the cross country races or bialthalon or some of the other traditioanl events.

I'm American and I didn't miss the game. I have programming that I pay for that had it on Dish. I'm sorry that you didn't....

I guess my point is that I could pay for the programming but that hockey isn't popular enough (even USA vs. Canada) to be shown on NBC.

I am not complaining that I don't get MSNBC for the price that I pay (which is practically peanuts for all of the HD that I do get!). And we still manage to pick up some of the new HD channels when they are released (like RETRO and INDIE this last time).

They are streaming alot of the events live on NBCOlympics.com if you really want to watch some of the events as they occur.

I agree the curling is out of hand, how about showing some of the cross country races or bialthalon or some of the other traditioanl events.

If you don't get all of the NBC channels with your package you can't watch any of the events....

And NBC uses Silverlight so you can't even watch highlights if you use Linux...

And I saw today that someone posted a goal from one of the men's hockey games on youtube and the Olympics (the people that run it) made them take it down....

Lots of complaining I know but some of this is just plain short-sighted! I am not arguing for being able to watch the channels that I don't receive but I think that a lot of this is just plain silly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)