Olympics Prime-Time recordings corrupt

cac303

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Hi all. I have 2J/3J setup, and haven't had any major issues with the setup. I was working on a proposal last night, and couldn't watch the Olympics live in prime time, so figured I would catch up today. When I go to watch the recorded "Prime Time" recording, it is fine for about 90 minutes, then starts jumping around with the "signal loss" message. After about 6-7 jumps, it just goes to a black screen and freezes. We didn't have any bad weather last night, and my wife was watching it live and didn't complain of any signal issues. So, I figured that it must be just a corrupt file on the Hopper. I thought "No problem, I have another hopper so it should have recorded it also." However, when watching it back from the second hopper, it behaves EXACTLY the same way at the exact same spot. As another point of information, other prime-time recordings from that time are also having issues. What gives?
Any ideas?

Of the people who show locations, it appears that everyone having this issue is on Eastern Arc (I could be wrong, but at first glance this seems to be the case). My PTA recording of the Olympics was fine, and I'm on Western Arc. Anything to this?

Same here on the Eastern Arc. I mentioned it in the S217 thread. RBR was the only way I could finally manually record NBC.

Yesterday I reported that one of my Hoppers stopped recording the Olympics in PTAT but that the other Hopper recorded it OK. That turned out to be incorrect, and the final result is really weird.

After noting the failure in the first Hopper I looked at the Olympic coverage in the PTAT folder of the second Hopper. The entire event was recorded OK and I thought everything was good.

A little later my wife went to the PTAT folder, saved the event to My Recordings, and deleted it from PTAT. She then started watching it and all was well for about an hour. The recording then shifted to the ABC channel and showed 2 hours of PTAT from ABC.

Something bad happened when the recording was saved and then deleted from PTAT.

I think the SW change that combined the PTAT and User partitions has broken the system, and something needs to be done quickly.

Yesterday I reported that one of my Hoppers stopped recording the Olympics in PTAT but that the other Hopper recorded it OK. That turned out to be incorrect, and the final result is really weird.

After noting the failure in the first Hopper I looked at the Olympic coverage in the PTAT folder of the second Hopper. The entire event was recorded OK and I thought everything was good.

A little later my wife went to the PTAT folder, saved the event to My Recordings, and deleted it from PTAT. She then started watching it and all was well for about an hour. The recording then shifted to the ABC channel and showed 2 hours of PTAT from ABC.

Something bad happened when the recording was saved and then deleted from PTAT.

I think the SW change that combined the PTAT and User partitions has broken the system, and something needs to be done quickly.

Mine switched to ABC as well and I did not remove from the PTAT folder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)