omegasat DSB5700 - how do you edit channel settings?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghadimi

Original poster
May 25, 2014
Houston
Hi;

I need to figure out how to change the frequency settings of a channel. I can't figure out which menu to use. The edit channels menu doesn't allow me to access the frequency settings. Appreciate the help and thank you in advance.

John

Once a channel is scanned, the transponder frequency cannot be edited. Delete the channel then select the correct frequency or enter the new transponder parameters and perform a TP scan.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Thank you so much for the reply Brian. If it's not too much trouble, can you reply with a step-by-step on how to perform the task described below? Appreciate it.

thanks;
John

Once a channel is scanned, the transponder frequency cannot be edited. Delete the channel then select the correct frequency or enter the new transponder parameters and perform a TP scan.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Sorry, never have tested that model. Maybe another member might own one.

Most receivers have similar menu screens.

Probably go into the channel edit screen and follow the prompts or owners manual for deleting a channel.

Then enter the install menu an follow prompts or owners manual for entering a new transponder and scanning for new channels

or

Perform a blind scan for FTA (unencrypted) channels.

If you don't get it figured out or no one has that model to assist, post up some screen shots of the menus that you don't understand.

Ps. Found a link to the owners manual:
http://www.wsidigital.com/Manuals/WSIDSB5700 Manual.pdf

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Thanks Brian. Very helpful info. So, did the manual scanning which is pretty self-explanatory. However, the channel in question has listed a frequency that doesn't exit, or even comes up for Galaxy 19 KU! They are listing a 12022 frequency, however I only see or have access to 12023 when I do a manual scan. Nothing comes up on 12022. Is there a special trick to "open" that channel?

Whatever the published frequency is, you may get it plus or minus up to 3 Mhz because of the LNBF's local oscillator accuracy and drift. So 12022 could be scanned in anywhere from 12019 to 12025
A PLL LNBF, on the other hand, would be within 1 Mhz typically. 12021 to 12023
For more, see LNB LO Frequency - 101 It's in the FAQ section.
The channel you're loooking for should be there @ 12023. What channel is it?

North Georgias' 19May update has @
97W & 12022 V 22000

SERVICE 01
VBS TV
TLA TV1
TLA TV2
Lao-ThaiTV
ITN TV
ARIANA AFG INT
ANB
The Way TV
Ganj E Hozour TV
Lao Overseas TV
TEN TV
Didar Global Plus
Payam-E-Afghan TV
Iman TV
SERVICE 16
SERVICE 17
SERVICE 18

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. The channel in question is ITN TV. They were originally at 12122. Then they announced that were now at 12022. So I went ahead and deleted their current location, hoping to do a manual or blind scan to add it again. But no luck sofar. It never shows up. I've done every possible thing: a manual scan between 12000 to 13000. And also a blind scan. At this point I'm wondering whether it has to do with the settings of Galaxy 19 KU. I've attached screenshots of my settings. Is there something I need to modify to be able to get ITN to show up under 12022? Appreciate the help.

upload_2014-5-26_17-20-27.png

upload_2014-5-26_17-21-7.png

Whatever the published frequency is, you may get it plus or minus up to 3 Mhz because of the LNBF's local oscillator accuracy and drift. So 12022 could be scanned in anywhere from 12019 to 12025
A PLL LNBF, on the other hand, would be within 1 Mhz typically. 12021 to 12023
For more, see LNB LO Frequency - 101 It's in the FAQ section.
The channel you're loooking for should be there @ 12023. What channel is it?

North Georgias' 19May update has @
97W & 12022 V 22000

SERVICE 01
VBS TV
TLA TV1
TLA TV2
Lao-ThaiTV
ITN TV
ARIANA AFG INT
ANB
The Way TV
Ganj E Hozour TV
Lao Overseas TV
TEN TV
Didar Global Plus
Payam-E-Afghan TV
Iman TV
SERVICE 16
SERVICE 17
SERVICE 18

You mentioned that you tried a Manual type scan. Did you delete the old not working ITN channel first? If not, many receivers will not scan in a new channel position if the old channel is still in the memory. Was the transponder selection set to 12023 for this manual scan? Was a signal "Quality" reading displayed on 12023 frequency?

In the last photo you show the Antenna Setting Menu screen. Highlight the 2nd line "Transponder" and use the Navigation arrow < > to select a different transponder. Press <or > until the 3rd line "Frequency" displays 12022 or 12023. Now look at the 4th line "Symbol Rate" is it displaying 22000? Does the 5th line "Polarity" display Vertical? If lines 3,4 and 5 are displaying correct parameters, look at the bottom Signal "Quality" reading. What percentage does it display? The "Quality" level likely needs to be above 45-50% to scan any new channels on this transponder. If the quality level reading is below 45-50 % either the dish is not aligned exactly, the LNBF skew (rotation) is not correct or the LNBF frequency is off.

Did you try the automatic (satellite blind scan) mode?

Are you getting any channels now on this satellite?? When changing the frequency selected, as Titanium indicated, do any of them show Quality? If so, list a few, that may indicate to us a setting that's incorrect.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)