omg, locals PQ is HORRIBLE!!

ROLLTIDE said:
For all those who say that PQ looks fine for locals then I guess that you never seen stuff in HD. It's hard to go back to dish .

Doesn't add anything to the discussion. No kidding, HD is better than SD. I have two Atlanta channels (WSB and WGCL) KDFW from Dallas, WNBC and all the LA network stations. All are pretty much the same, possibly WNBC and the LA stations a little crisper. All better than Charter cable had when I dropped them. They are not quite as good as OTA, agreed on that, but very watchable. Why would you compare them to HD?

Yea OTA digital locals will look better because they have a ton of bw to broadcast with. Thats why I have a antenna in my attic so I can watch all the broadcast tv in digital/hd when available.

I think a more fair comparison is broadcast channel PQ on cable vs dish. This is what the consumer has to choose between, and is what dish should be striving to out-do (cable). I have seen digital cable installs that have their own issues with pixelation.

I live in Wichita Falls, I at one time tried to tune in all the Dallas stations. I can get analog ones via a giant antenna up at 30 feet or so. I could get some digital stations (like NBC) at night. I have not tried in about a year since the local stations went digital (but not HDTV). I had talked to some of the stations in Dallas, some were not at full power yet. Perhaps someday when they go to full power they will come in well.

HokieEngineer said:
I think a more fair comparison is broadcast channel PQ on cable vs dish. This is what the consumer has to choose between, and is what dish should be striving to out-do (cable). I have seen digital cable installs that have their own issues with pixelation.

Agreed. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)