Omigosh...I signed up! It's the Forums fault!

lblampman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2004
Whidbey Island, WA
Well! We'll see how this little caper turns out! :shocked

Thanks to all y'all chattering about VOOM, HD and whatnot I just had to finally go to the VOOM website and sign up. :no

I've been with E* for about 7 years now and have generally been pretty pleased with them. But...I am still waiting for more HD content since I bought an HDTV 3 years ago based on their (what now seems to be) hype. I recently had them send an 811 HD receiver out and signed up for the HD pack but there's not much there. However, it did make us realize we really so like HDTV! :clap So now I've got to feed the need.

With VOOM adding things like the Food Network, HGTV and such it made it an easier choice since I can see dropping E* if things go well.

I was a little worried (and still am) about the rain fade issues seeing as how I'm here in the upper left hand corner of the U.S.; north of Seattle on Whidbey Island. It's been known to rain a drop or two from time-to-time :shh

Installation is scheduled for December 23rd between 8am and noon; here's hoping it all goes well and we can see the satellite!

You better request a 24" dish prior to install or you will be watching very little Voom over the winter months. Call them while you still have time, you are in an area that should be an automatic upgrade.

Les, I agree with Darrell that you'd better be sure they have a 24" dish for you. Looks like we'll finally get ours this Friday but it took most of a month.

Comeon, you guys up there never get any rain. I mean just because you are in the infamous "convergence" zone you're complaining?

Hope the install goes well with you. Depending on where you are on the island you are likley to get most of the OTAs. You can check on antennaweb.org.

You'll love VOOM. We got started a year and a half ago with a Samsung STB and Rat Shack antenna. Ch. 9's Soundstage sold us. Channels 4,5 & 7 all transmit excellent HD although digital 7 is down until "Saturday or Sunday" for "routine maintainance". Now we love a mostly watch HDTV.

Listening to Sounds of the Season on VOOM, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts