omnidirectinal anteanna option

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Before channel sharing with WNLO on Grand Island, WIVB was south of Buffalo on channel 39.

I have CBS all access and it works perfectly on NFL football with either my iPhone or on the computer. To watch football, I have a long HDMI cable to connect the computer to a 55” TV set.

Talk to me about a DIRECTV AM21N and why isn't a genie receiver listed as an option? it shows it will work on the Hr24's I have just looking for another option if the different antenna and amp doesn't work.... still waiting for the 2 sides to come to an agreement.

Talk to me about a DIRECTV AM21N and why isn't a genie receiver listed as an option?
AM21(n)s are scarcer than hen's teeth as DIRECTV had more or less decided to bail on OTA. AT&T has since become keenly interested since they're having unprecedented difficulties negotiating with some large station groups. The replacement, the LCC, isn't widely available; you need to be in a test market and to have lost one of your big four broadcast networks (79 markets are missing at least one local-into-local channel due to a dispute with Nexstar). Some who meet the criteria have been denied an LCC while others who don't have managed to glom one so it may be a matter of tides or even planetary alignment as to whether you can get your hands on an LCC.

Claude said recently that he bought some AM21s so you might ask him.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
well tried the lesser of 2 evils I got the 4 port version of the amplifier off Amazon and it didn't work I get even less channels. Chanels that I did have and were strong are now blue screen of death on my Vizio tv's.. do you have a link to what the LLC antenna looks like? I did a google search and it doesn't like it when I use LLC as a search. I really don't wantto replace the antenna in the attic it's a PITA to go up there especially in the summer :(

well tried the lesser of 2 evils I got the 4 port version of the amplifier off Amazon and it didn't work I get even less channels. Chanels that I did have and were strong are now blue screen of death on my Vizio tv's.. do you have a link to what the LLC antenna looks like? I did a google search and it doesn't like it when I use LLC as a search. I really don't wantto replace the antenna in the attic it's a PITA to go up there especially in the summer :(
It's a flat square foot panel.

I did a google search and it doesn't like it when I use LLC as a search.
The DIRECTV product in question is the Local Channel Connector (LCC) as opposed to a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC).

Like most DIRECTV OTA efforts (including the tuners built into the HR20), good documentation is rather hard to come by. Here's the two-page setup guide:

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/co.../UVEP-100083172-DTV-Local-Connector-Guide.pdf

The antenna is a 35 mile "mud flap" with a built-in amplifier giving it "up to" a 50 mile range (under good reception conditions). It is not designed for attic mounting as the USB power input is built into the attached coaxial cable.

Use of the included antenna is by no means required.

So I kind of gave up on this thank you for all your help and suggestions here is where it stands on a whim my parents have a very similar set up to what I have they got the LCC unbeknownst to me and my mother said her receiver locked up they have a similar Genie to what I have. I went over unplugged the damn thing and rand an OTA channel search on their TV which is a Insignia brand and they can get 4.1 and 23.1 no problem. so I tool the smaller Vizio TV of mine with me and plugged it into their OTA antenna and ran a new search same exact thing blue screen of death. she didn't want the LCC antenna hooked up any more they can get the local news of the OTA antenna. I brough the LCC home with me disconnected the DirectTV adaptor box/uSB thing and plugged in the adaptor and screwed the antenna coax from the LCC right into the back of my Vizio and ran the channel search again NOTHING still.... So I can to the conclusion that the Vizio tv tuner/software has some sort of a glitch in it for that frequency for what ever reason. so I broke down and bought a 28" LG tv from Best Buy for out kitchen plugged it in and it picked up 4.1 no issue what so ever and also 23.1 no issues. I have 1 Vizio tv left it will be phased out when there is a deal on a smaller TV. I still have my doubts that Nexstar will come to a resolution with direct any time soon....
Related question to this since my parent merged the OTA antenna to the DirecTV guide how do I get them off their program guide since the LCC is no longer attached to their receiver ?
Thank you again for the answers guys It's just the TV 's are jacked up....??????

well as of next Monday 7-29 my local channel 4.1 is switching frequencies. Maybe I'm not the only person that has issues??
the new LG TV I bought works flawless.
Still looking for an answer on how to wipe out the 4.1 that is still on my parent genie receiver after I unhooked the lcc it still shows up as an option on their guide.

well as of next Monday 7-29 my local channel 4.1 is switching frequencies. Maybe I'm not the only person that has issues??
the new LG TV I bought works flawless.
Still looking for an answer on how to wipe out the 4.1 that is still on my parent genie receiver after I unhooked the lcc it still shows up as an option on their guide.

Unhook the antenna from the back, and run a blank channel scan to zero it out. That might work.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)