On-Demand Freezing and pixelation - DIRT please help

Brandon_m

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Tennessee
Any VOD program I watch/download always has moments of freezing and pixelation. It isn't buffering because the titles are downloaded and playing at full top quality. This occurs on the hopper 3 as well as my joeys. DIRT or any of you guys have any ideas? This has just started a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Happening on my Hopper as well as at my parents place. Not an Internet problem. Something is broken at Dish. . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you only experience this with VOD you are fortunate - we've had freezing/pixelation problems on all channels for quite some time now. I'm not sure, but I think it's only on recordings (we rarely watch "live" TV so it's hard to be certain).

Add me to the list where this started happening about a week ago. I've tried resetting the hopper and the router, but no luck. Every VOD I try to watch has the issues.

Would be awesome to get a response from someone who could look into this.

Any VOD program I watch/download always has moments of freezing and pixelation. It isn't buffering because the titles are downloaded and playing at full top quality. This occurs on the hopper 3 as well as my joeys. DIRT or any of you guys have any ideas? This has just started a couple weeks ago.

If it is also happening on recordings and LIVE TV, it may be symptoms of hard drive failiure.You should look into the problem to see if this may be happening. If so, you may want to back your recordings up on an EHD.

Reactions: xfoneguy
This ONLY occurs with VOD content. Live tv and recordings are perfectly fine. The issue has to be with dish's systems if it's happening to more than just me. My internet is perfectly fine, my connection is fine.

I, too, have seen this with VOD but not all of the time. When it does happen, I delete the recording and download it again. A pain, but at least it works the second time.

I, too, have seen this with VOD but not all of the time. When it does happen, I delete the recording and download it again. A pain, but at least it works the second time.

I tried that a few times but re downloading 2-2.5 hr movies isn't friendly to data usage, especially when you can't cancel a download without turning the box off.

Reactions: Troch77
If it is also happening on recordings and LIVE TV, it may be symptoms of hard drive failiure.You should look into the problem to see if this may be happening. If so, you may want to back your recordings up on an EHD.
I'm having a lot of trouble with recordings as well - maybe live TV too, but I almost never watch live so I'm not sure. Sounds like this is maybe two separate issues?

Guess both my Hoppers have bad Hard drives.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I'm having a lot of trouble with recordings as well - maybe live TV too, but I almost never watch live so I'm not sure. Sounds like this is maybe two separate issues?

Sure sounds like a separate issue to me . The one I'm seeing (and it sounds like this is what others are experiencing) is VOD only and the movie or show stops and pixels and then sort of 'catches up' to itself only to do the same thing a few minutes later - almost like bits are being lost but our internet is working just fine. Its happening across all HBO/Starz/Epix downloads and just began recently after us never having problems for years.

It sounds like you might actually have a hard drive issue as an earlier poster had suggested.

Reactions: Troch77
Sure sounds like a separate issue to me . The one I'm seeing (and it sounds like this is what others are experiencing) is VOD only and the movie or show stops and pixels and then sort of 'catches up' to itself only to do the same thing a few minutes later - almost like bits are being lost but our internet is working just fine. Its happening across all HBO/Starz/Epix downloads and just began recently after us never having problems for years.

It sounds like you might actually have a hard drive issue as an earlier poster had suggested.
That's exactly what it does.
And before someone comments about lack of Internet speed, I'm using 60 MBPS service.

This happens on both my Hopper 2s, and my Joeys are poor are setting up a VOD and playing back them as well.

Netflix streams just fine .

Most recordings are fine, but I still have occasions where they are glitchy.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

15 replies, even "DIRT PLEASE HELP" in the title and still no comment from someone who can look into this.

15 replies, even "DIRT PLEASE HELP" in the title and still no comment from someone who can look into this.

Best to contact DIRT by PM. They don't monitor every thread. Look for helpers in red on the main forum page.

Here is a picture of the issue.
b0703979434495b8ce3078eaddc3172f.jpg

66b201188f15eb42bda9f5915316e6ad.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts