On Demand Issues

tjguitar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
In addition to the disppearing timers, I'm having issues with on demand. Sometimes it says network connection not available. Sometimes it works.

DISH Twitter account stated:

There is known issue with on demand having that issue. Our techs are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. *JS

---
I'm very frustrated with DIsh. Didn't they beta test the hopper sling system before they started installing it?

Sometimes it says "network connection not available" when trying to watch something from on demand on a joey. Sometimes it works fine. It always works on the hopper. It's very annoying.

Have you tried resetting the network connection from the Hopper?

Have you tried resetting the network connection from the Hopper?

How do I do that? I wasn't worrying about it since they say it's a known issue. Is Dish just blowing smoke when they say it's a known issue and that they are working on it?

No, but issues don't always affect everyone. So it is possible that your issue is being caused by sometime else.

Menu>settings>network setup >broadband >reset network

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

No, but issues don't always affect everyone. So it is possible that your issue is being caused by sometime else.

Menu>settings>network setup >broadband >reset network

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'll have to try that when it's not working. It's set up as MoCA not wireless. I don't know what MoCA is...

The joey can't see a router. The signal must go in and out. I don't know? I guess i can try re-setting the network on the hopper.

Sometimes it says "network connection not available" when trying to watch something from on demand on a joey. Sometimes it works fine. It always works on the hopper. It's very annoying.
I have a two HWS setup and no Joeys and I've had this happen a few times when trying to watch a VOD movie on either of the Hoppers. The pop-up message appears while accessing the event in Rentals. When I try a second (or a third time) it then works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts