On Demand - Like to add this channel to Directv Package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rwcmick

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
This just started happening. I subscribe to HBO and when watching/taping live TV everything is fine. When I go to HBO On Demand on my receiver (any of them) and select a recording I get "would you like to add this channel to your directv package?"

I called Directv and tech support told me that this is a known issue and it is with engineering and that everybody else is having this issue. Is this true? I think they are giving me a smoke screen.

I have HBO and just tried a download of Boardwalk empire and it worked fine.

Try rebooting your box, refreshing your services (link stickied in the top of the technical forum), and try again in the morning - not tonight - it will take a while to refresh VOD, usually overnight.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I did leave out what I have done so far. I have reset the receivers and went online and did a receiver refresh last night. Sadly no luck. I have heard rumors of that they have to re authorized the box for VOD

http://forums.directv.com/pe/action/forums/displaypost?postID=11123268

You can re authorize your boxes online if you want if you have an online account set up already.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/mydirectv/mysystem/mySystemResendAuthorization.jsp?_requestid=972621

Thanks. Sorry, I wasn't that clear. I did do on online "refresh" or or "re authorize" last night. To no avail. I called back in to Directv and after 45 minutes they are escalating the issue.

I am guessing but, yes, D* probably does know about it.

Q. are you on everyday software, or do you do the Cutting Edge software ?
If CE, does it do it on the National Release software?

Its a known issue with the latest software. Engineering is working on a fix for it. No ETA available tho.
No, it doesnt hit everybody.. But its hit enough people that we do have an alert on it.

As other folks have pointed out. All it takes is the right rep. After a month of calling in, being escalated, etc. I just decided to start calling in randomly. One day I reached a rep, she was like "oh yeah let me add on demand back now. okay it should work now." Seconds later, it was fixed. Literally after all this struggle and goose chasing, it is an account change. For anyone in the future, I would simply suggest calling in and if they don't recognize the error right away, want try a bunch of troubleshooting and you know you are connected to the Internet, then just politely hang up and call in another day. Eventually rep roulette will get you to a winner.

As other folks have pointed out. All it takes is the right rep. After a month of calling in, being escalated, etc. I just decided to start calling in randomly. One day I reached a rep, she was like "oh yeah let me add on demand back now. okay it should work now." Seconds later, it was fixed. Literally after all this struggle and goose chasing, it is an account change. For anyone in the future, I would simply suggest calling in and if they don't recognize the error right away, want try a bunch of troubleshooting and you know you are connected to the Internet, then just politely hang up and call in another day. Eventually rep roulette will get you to a winner.

I tried this and they still give me the same nonsense about escalating. I also have Showtime and On Demand (1545) works for that. I have called about the lack of HBO On Demand several times over the last two months. I am going to try the online stuff suggested in this thread, but DirecTV had me do something similar in April and it did not work.

The rep to whom I spoke today said it hadn't been escalated properly and they would get a software update out soon, but I just got one on May 30 and the issue continues to exist (previous update was April 16).

It's been eight months since this thread was live -- has anyone else come up with other solutions (rather than play rep roulette)?

I am confirming that this worked. I Reset my box and then couldn't access any On Demand stuff, called in and the rep said my On Demand was turned off. Wasn't sure if the reset did it, or whatever. She turned it back on and I now have access to both HBO and Showtime On Demand. Thanks!

This just started happening. I subscribe to HBO and when watching/taping live TV everything is fine. When I go to HBO On Demand on my receiver (any of them) and select a recording I get "would you like to add this channel to your directv package?"

I called Directv and tech support told me that this is a known issue and it is with engineering and that everybody else is having this issue. Is this true? I think they are giving me a smoke screen.

I had this problem a week ago. I found out that the "DirecTV on-Demand" was not activated on my account. After they activated it, everything worked fine.

SOLVED: From time to time DTV's system glitches on their end and removes line items in the system from your account. In order to fix this call a rep and explain that your DirecTV Cinema (AKA on demand) is not working. Have them navigate to the receiver tab on their computer and to reactivate/reinstate the DirecTV Cinema line item. Done, works instantly!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)