On demand question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sori4mvp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
So I already have a router through ATT, the 2 wire. I was on directv.com today and saw I can buy either the wireless adapter for like 80 bucks or there is also the power outlet option which is like 25 bucks each or something. What do you guys suggest? Which would be the better choice?

the wireless one works fantastic, especially if the router room and the dvr room are far apart. the powerstrip is a good one because its cheep but it has 2 ends, one for the router, and one for the dvr, both need a dedicated power source or it wont work correctly.
if that isnt a problem id go for the cheep one. the dvr will walk you through the setup for either.

Thanks, think I'm just going to go with the wireless router, it's a little more but don't feel like dealing with the two separate power sources.

Well the nice thing about the Powerline is, once you hook it up your entire house is now be networked. Kids room, garage.. bathroom.. where ever you would need it it will be there. so for $75 you can have 3 rooms ready to plug in. I would go Powerline imo.

I use and install powerline adapters frequently, they rock, simple setup, just make sure to reboot the box with the ethernet plugged in before you try to run network setup, otherwise you will pull a 169 addy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)