On Demand Quirk

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
I have went to On Demand and downloaded maybe 15 hrs or so of content to watch later. It has put it in the proper On Demand folder. The problem is that every time I go into the folder and click on a show to view it kicks me completely out and back to live tv. Same happens whether I’m trying to watch it on our wireless Joey or the H3! This only started happening recently. Up until about a week ago it worked just fine. If I go to the On Demand library of different channels we are able to watch any content we select. Just not if we had downloaded it to watch later. Once it goes into the On Demand folder it becomes unwatchable and kicks us out and back to live tv.

I have went to On Demand and downloaded maybe 15 hrs or so of content to watch later. It has put it in the proper On Demand folder. The problem is that every time I go into the folder and click on a show to view it kicks me completely out and back to live tv. Same happens whether I’m trying to watch it on our wireless Joey or the H3! This only started happening recently. Up until about a week ago it worked just fine. If I go to the On Demand library of different channels we are able to watch any content we select. Just not if we had downloaded it to watch later. Once it goes into the On Demand folder it becomes unwatchable and kicks us out and back to live tv.
At the bottom of that On Demand library screen, do you see a category called My Rentals? If so, what happens if you select one of the downloaded programs from there, instead of from the On Demand folder on the DVR screen? While that folder should not be kicking you back to Live TV like that, re-selecting the events from the On Demand library area may be a work-around for this issue.

At the bottom of that On Demand library screen, do you see a category called My Rentals? If so, what happens if you select one of the downloaded programs from there, instead of from the On Demand folder on the DVR screen? While that folder should not be kicking you back to Live TV like that, re-selecting the events from the On Demand library area may be a work-around for this issue.
Same thing happens, kicks me back to live tv!

Can you delete those events, then find them and download them again? If so, do you still have the same issue after doing that?
Nope! Won’t let me delete the folders and when I try to open a folder it just kicks me back to live tv! Maybe it’s about time for a hard reboot?

UPDATE: Some major glitches with this. I’m running U939 as of 12/17. Was able to go back to the On Demand menu and delete every episode in the hopes something had corrupted the folder. Once done folder was gone and I went in and downloaded the first five episodes of season four. Now when I go back into the folder all 20 seasons of the show are there but I still have to scroll to season four to find the five episodes that show rented! Maybe a glitch in U939.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)