???? on moving up to HD

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Well I am back in the US and have discovered that I am now the owner of an HD TV. I currently have 2 508s. If I upgrade one to HD what are my options and what new fees will I discover? If I upgrade toa 622 will I pay a lease fee and a DVR fee? Would I be better off going through the Dishstore? There isa biggger upfront fee but would I avoid lease fees?

BTW I currently have a DISH 500 and a dish pointed at 61.5. I have had that arrangement since 2000. Would I need to upgrade the switches etc? Would I need to run a second line to the neew DVR?

Any advice will be appreciated.

if you just replace one of your 508s with a 622 you'll only add the dvr fee

the lease fee would be replacing your additional out let fee but will cost $6 instead of $5

as per your switches it depends what you have, do you have dishpro? do you have space to run 2 cables to the 622

if you'll only have 2 receivers, then you could get a dish pro plus lnb and a another dish pro lnb and of course if you upgrade they would do all that as part of the installation

I am noexpert on switches but did the dishpro exist in the timeframe i discuss? I suspect not. I guess what I am asking is whether it is as simple as jus plugging ina new reciver or whether I need a professional installation.

Thanks for the help on fees. It was helpful.

it looks like you'll need some equipment changes if you want to add the 622

the simplest thing to do would be what I explained above so another cable wont have to be run to where the 622 would be installed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts