on screen caller ID

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
my question is, do D* receivers support a feature like this? if so, if I hook up one receiver to the phone line, will it only appear on that receiver, or will it appear on all of them

Speaking of Caller ID ....
Mine worked flawlessly on the new HR24, while my HR20's were spotty.
Now that I have ran the most recent CE, I no longer have CID working on the HR24 .....

Speaking of Caller ID ....
Mine worked flawlessly on the new HR24, while my HR20's were spotty.
Now that I have ran the most recent CE, I no longer have CID working on the HR24 .....

My HR24 only works once in awhile ... usually after a reset. Hopefully an upgrade will help this out.

I think I'd rather watch the recorded shows than worry about whether Caller ID is working. :)

IMHO: Caller ID on the DVR is way overrated. The cordless phone handset on my side table works for me just fine. Let the flames begin.:)

I think I'd rather watch the recorded shows than worry about whether Caller ID is working. :)

IMHO: Caller ID on the DVR is way overrated. The cordless phone handset on my side table works for me just fine. Let the flames begin.:)

Where did anyone say you could not watch a recorded show if the CID was working ?

Personally, I like it because I don't have to find my glasses to see whose calling on the phone CID.

I was just saying, somewhat obtusely, that why worry about whether CID is working when the important part is the recordings. :)

I'd rather not have a CID pop up on the screen when 75% of the calls are 'unknown'.

To each his own.

you won't believe this but it true i call d about the caller id not working on my hr24 she told me to go in setup and turn the notice off' i did that and reboot call id has been working since i did that. she said that it set backward right now.i'm not kidding it work.

I was just saying, somewhat obtusely, that why worry about whether CID is working when the important part is the recordings. :)

I'd rather not have a CID pop up on the screen when 75% of the calls are 'unknown'.

To each his own.

Yes,
I understand your point, recordings and functional DVR comes first, I've fought with the CID for 4 -5 years now ....

CID is a very minor thing and technically D* doesn't have to support it because a lot of things could cause it to not work.

IF my HD DVR is working as expected, I like it when my CID works as well :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)