On-screen display pops up with 2 minutes remaining in shows

popechild

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Has anyone seen this, and is there a setting or something in the menu that I'm missing that would prevent this? When I'm watching a show, it will often (maybe always, I haven't paid close enough attention to know for sure) pops up the on-screen display at the top of the screen that shows the date and time and channel and program info, along with "Time Left: 0:02" for about 3 seconds and then it goes away on its own. It's the same display that shows when you first change to a different channel.

It's starting to drive me nuts trying to figure out why it would be doing this with exactly 2 minutes left. It's also annoying when you're in the middle of a show with a dramatic climax and suddenly the display pops up.

Any ideas?

BTW, I did a chat with Dish's support team and they say that this is a feature that's intended to work this way and that everyone with Dish should be seeing the same thing. This seems crazy, but I guess if that's the truth then it should be pretty easy for others here to verify that the same thing happens to them. I can't believe people wouldn't complain about it if that's really the case, but maybe it is...

That is NOT the norm. What receiver? Always come here first before calling Dish.

Do you have any auto-tune or reminders set? The 211K cannot record (unless you have an external hard drive connected to it), but it can have the auto-tune or reminders set, and it seems like more than a coincidence that it's doing it with 2 minutes left. Auto-tune/reminders/DVR are often set to begin 2 minutes early.

I don't have a 211, but this usually seems to happen to me if I'm watching a delayed program (not recorded to save), and another program is set to record in 2 minutes. I then have to check if all other tuners are set to record starting in 2 minutes, in which case I would lose the program I'm watching--again, the one that's delayed. That's because I won't have a tuner to keep watching, because all the others will be in use.

?Good luck solving this!

?(This is the first time in months that I've been able to put a line between paragraphs!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)