On the list...Kind of.

taminloudon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
NH
So I took a gamble today. Called Dish and signed up. Spoke with rep about Hopper equip availability. Still no firm answers. She did however allow me to schedule an install date of April 1st. So when March 15th hits I'm just gonna call and change the hardware on the install ticket, and possibly the date... Should work hopefully! I did record the whole phone call, just in case. :)

If it isn't available then I simply push the install date back. Verified all costs, and promo periods etc. don't start until install date.

Here's "hopping" it works out!

You just need to make sure that you call back when hopper comes out and make sure they change the equipment on the install. A lot of these installers will just install whatever is on the truck.

You just need to make sure that you call back when hopper comes out and make sure they change the equipment on the install. A lot of these installers will just install whatever is on the truck.
I would never accept that. But I'm retired and always here when someone shows up to do stuff around the house. And I'm sure they love me lurking around behind them.:eek:

We have to install whatever is on the work order. It's not possible to activate something that doesn't match the work order. Now the one thing that gets most people is that in Dish's eyes a 622/722/722k are all interchangeable. I agree that they're not the same, but that's the way Dish has set things up to move through inventory. At least this issue won't exist for the Hopper. (for now at least)

We can't "install whatever is on our truck" We can only install what the work order says. Or it will not activate..

We have to install whatever is on the work order. It's not possible to activate something that doesn't match the work order. Now the one thing that gets most people is that in Dish's eyes a 622/722/722k are all interchangeable. I agree that they're not the same, but that's the way Dish has set things up to move through inventory. At least this issue won't exist for the Hopper. (for now at least)

We can't "install whatever is on our truck" We can only install what the work order says. Or it will not activate..

Both of them answered exactly as i would. When I get a work order I go over it with customer to make sure they wanted the 625 duo SD Receiver and not the 722 duo HD receiver. I have ran into problems where customer service did not put the correct receivers on the work order. But i do not ever just install what i got on the van. I do not know about contractors but what gokartergo stated is correct, if it says 622/722 on the work order we install that. If we do not have the receiver on the van then an FSM will bring one to us, or we go pick one up from the closest tech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)