On the Sling Extender, which would you rather have?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

On the Sling Extender, which would you rather have?

• An HD veiwing experience on a second HDTV (limited options mostly just DVR and Live)

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Duplicate of your TV1 (primary) experience (everything)

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

pabeader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
OTP Georgia
An HD veiwing experience on a second HDTV (limited options mostly just DVR and Live)

Duplicate of your TV1 (primary) experience (everything)

Might seem like a silly question, but think about simplicity of use and programming glitches. And possible trouble between TV1 and TV2 trying to do different things at the same time.

Actually, I want both. In the short run, I would be willing to sacrifice a lot to just be able to watch live or recorded HD on TV2 now, if that's what it takes to get the product out the door. In the long run, of course I want the full menu support, but this lack of being able to use HD at all on TV2 is killing me, and I would think killing Dish as well. I think not having it at all for another 6 months or a year is a worse hit than releasing a device today that does the core functions well, but without every bell and whistle.

The sling extender was supposed to be released last July. As we approach this July and a year later, we are now in final beta testing. Hopefully we will have this extender by this Fall at the latest. I can't wait to finally have tv2 in HD using my 722k . I won't even need the new whole house dvr if I could just get one of these units.

I just got a Sling adapter and I would be happy if the dishonline.com website had as many options as the dish.sling.com website. dishonline.com streaming doesn't work well at all. As for the Sling Extender question, I would like it to have the same functionality as being directly connected to the DVR, using TV2.

I'm in the "whole thing" camp too ... there's no reason why this has taken this long, other than dish making money shifting people into secondary hd receivers, etc.. its just another side item that dish didn't put enough development into .. and now a year later .. still haven't released it.. typical dish action ....delay delay delay ... it will be to the point that the 813 is out.. and dish will want to just upgrade users to that (for a fee) maybe even cripple the extender in some way ... or "not have *that* feature" ("that" being an unknown at this time, but I'm sure dish will pick something it won't support with the extender)

I voted for TV2 in HD. That's the whole reason I've been wanting it. I already have a wireless HD trasnmitter for TV1 in HD and TV2 in SD to my bedroom. I don't have any cable run to my second floor so this was the best option. I have a TV in my basement that I want TV2 in HD though and the Sling Extender would be perfect for it.

i just realized that there is an implication in my poll questions.

number 2 does include HD video. By everything i truely meant everything...