on VIP622 "Press select to continue"

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
I had a 301 and it never did this. Now with the 622 I get "Press select to continue" everyday and it's beginning to annoy me. I have inactivity turned off and program guide set for 12 am and the "Press select to continue" happens in the middle of the afternoon. Why?

Good question I have never seen that either, that time of day unless you have a dish ineractive program running.

I had a 301 and it never did this. Now with the 622 I get "Press select to continue" everyday and it's beginning to annoy me. I have inactivity turned off and program guide set for 12 am and the "Press select to continue" happens in the middle of the afternoon. Why?

Is it really that annoying? Check updates unless by inactivity you mean updates. Make sure its at 3am not in the afternoon. You could always disable updates and power off tv1/tv2 at your leisure at the potential cost of s/w update and guide download.

Alternatively you could hire someone to press select for you.

i dont have this officially from dish, but to me, the reason for the screen saver is the same reason screen savers started on computers. to prevent screen burn in.

Lets say some little old man left his brand new HD tv with his brand new 622 on CNN all the time, and never turned off the receiver, wouldnt take too terribly long and there would be a nice little banner burned into the screen. The screen saver is there to protect some customers from themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)