on what day of the year would...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

meldar_b

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Floyd Co. Kentucky
on what day of the year will the sun pass along the Clark belt for my location 37.563267 N, 82.747852 W. I am wanting to install a FTA if I can get any satellites here:up
I just moved to this location about a month ago :confused: and was told by a Bellsouth DirecTV installer that I could not get the DirecTV 119 satellite because of the hill right in front of my house. I did use a compass and a home made inclinometer (from link I found on this site) and by my measurements showed that I can view most of the Clark belt. I did this weeks before I actually moved here. I'm thinking the Bellsouth DirecTV installer did not want to do the install because he got here so late in the day... he got to my house around 8pm to do the install.... he called early that morning and told me he would be a Little late in getting to my location:eek: but 8pm:cool:
I know that the sun will travel along the belt on different days depending on your location. I wanting to use the rule of thumb of the sun traveling along the Clark belt to justify my measurements.

Thanks
Darrell B
meldar_b

Glad the above helped!

Its not the latest I have heard of installers showing up to do an install, I was sent on a service call a few years ago where the customer told me here "installer" showed up at 10pm at night...............in a snow storm!

Needless to say the installation was a shambles! RG59 was used and the pole mount was moving in the wind, what I want to know is how he managed to dig a hole when the ground was frozen solid!

Money the great motivator :)

well thanks to this site http://perso.numericable.fr/~gjullien/satellite.htm :bow
today I proved that I can get most if not all of the FTA satellites.... from my location 37.563267 N, 82.747852 W. I will have to move my dish location about 20 feet farther away from my house(towards my wifes Grandmothers house:wave ), but I will be able to do it with no problems...:eureka

and to that Bellsouth DirecTV installer....if you are reading this fourm
:neener
for telling me I could not get the 119 satellite :smug

I guess its time to do some FTA shopping:hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)