Once Again...DISH Shoulda Dropped The Weather Channel When It Could

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
The Weather Channel - once a great channel - is a channel that corporate ownership (NBC Universal) keeps devaluing. It was reported yesterday that 27-year TWC Veteran Jeff Morrow is out and NewsBlues reports he was "abruptly dropped". I guess Jim Cantore is the only veteran left. NewsBlues also reports that inside sources told them that corporate plans to (continue) to shift to more "non-forecast programming" in order to "reduce expenses and maximize profits". And to think that DISH had the opportunity to cut off TWC about 3 years ago, but stopped short when TWC promised to deliver better programming. DISH and TWC should enter politics - broken promises qualifies them for a political career. Here's a link I can post about Jeff Morrow:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/27-year-veteran-jeff-morrow-out-at-weather-channel_b148531

Eric

I stopped watching TWC years ago when my local network affiliates went digital with the 24/7 weather on the sub channels. I especially like the local radar when the severe storms develop nearby.

To me, TWC seems more focused on entertainment.

WFSB in Hartford has been naming Winter storms for over 40 years. They commented on the Weather channel now doing it, were not all that pleased. It sounds like WFSB will continue to use their names.......

As for the Weather Channel overall, SUCKS.

TWC does suck.When we first got satellite back in 96-97 it was weather 24/7.Then they came out with the local on the 8's,that I liked could always flip over and see the local radar.Then Jim Cantore became some kind of celebrity,it was all downhill from there.I get my weather mostly from Noaa and accuweather online plus locals in the am.TWC is never watched anymore.

MMM Blizards!!

Dairy-Queen-Blizzards.jpg

TWC's been going downhill ever since Jeanetta Jones went off the air. The sad case of a successful niche channel abandoning their niche and becoming just another waste of bandwidth,

TWC does suck.When we first got satellite back in 96-97 it was weather 24/7.Then they came out with the local on the 8's,that I liked could always flip over and see the local radar.Then Jim Cantore became some kind of celebrity,it was all downhill from there.I get my weather mostly from Noaa and accuweather online plus locals in the am.TWC is never watched anymore.
Sure, blame it on Jim. He and Stephanie Abrams are the only redeeming qualities of the channel. TWC does provide good hurricane coverage, but that's about it.

I thought you were gonna comment on the fact they are gonna start naming blizzards now :rolleyes:

Well, I forgot to include that in my rant. I guess they had to cut staff (Jeff Morrow) to pay for the Winter Weather Event Naming Department. Yeah, the pictures of the DQ blizzards look great. My nearest DQ is 25 miles away:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)