One America News on AWE

It is also on Uverse. AWE is like Smithsonian, which Dish also doesn't carry. I happen to enjoy their programming: history , art museums, travel , luxury houses and cars, etc.

Regarding One America News, Dish should have added it as soon as they blocked out Fox News and they would have lost a lot fewer subscribers. They have some decent if boring news during the day, comparable to BBC, and conservative commentary at night.

It is also on Uverse. AWE is like Smithsonian, which Dish also doesn't carry. I happen to enjoy their programming: history , art museums, travel , luxury houses and cars, etc.

Regarding One America News, Dish should have added it as soon as they blocked out Fox News and they would have lost a lot fewer subscribers. They have some decent if boring news during the day, comparable to BBC, and conservative commentary at night.
To clarify, Smithsonian will be on dish soon.

Thank goodness. One thing we are shy on are commentary news channels.

Guess it is only a matter of time before we get the Ted Nugent News Network. He could have Alec Baldwin on and they can discuss the shallow promises they made before Presidential elections.

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
No one is forcing you to watch it. I don't like any sports channels, let's get rid of those too.
The problem you niche channel people face is there is a demand for sports programming. Niche channel operators have to beg their way on to provider channel line ups.
So when you carp about your favorite seldom viewed narrow interest channels not being available, the rest of us are griping about the transponders space going to waste on channels that maybe get 10,000 separate views per month

Reactions: ChadT41
The problem you niche channel people face is there is a demand for sports programming. Niche channel operators have to beg their way on to provider channel line ups.
So when you carp about your favorite seldom viewed narrow interest channels not being available, the rest of us are griping about the transponders space going to waste on channels that maybe get 10,000 separate views per month
Smithsonian and One America News and AWE charge very little to be carried. The last two probably a nickel a month, not like ESPN which costs $7.50 a month and Fox Sports and the others.

Smithsonian and One America News and AWE charge very little to be carried. The last two probably a nickel a month, not like ESPN which costs $7.50 a month and Fox Sports and the others.
They cost a premium in Sat Bandwidth. People will watch ESPN in large quantities, the same can't be said of the niche niche channels.

"So when you carp about your favorite seldom viewed narrow interest channels not being available, the rest of us are griping about the transponders space going to waste on channels that maybe get 10,000 separate views per month"

All I watch are the intellectual, educational, and knowledge expanding channels, where the heck did the Amish Mafia go?
Plus this of course.....

"So when you carp about your favorite seldom viewed narrow interest channels not being available, the rest of us are griping about the transponders space going to waste on channels that maybe get 10,000 separate views per month"

OK, what major channels that would be widely viewed are out there that aren't already on Dish that these "niche" channels are preventing them from being carried?

OK, what major channels that would be widely viewed are out there that aren't already on Dish that these "niche" channels are preventing them from being carried?
RSN full time is prevented because of channels such as LOGO, or any East and West channel. Just to name a few.

Good thing you have U-Verse.

And the only reason most likely why OAN got picked up by U-verse (& FiOS & CenturyLink Prism TV), was tied to them carrying AWE (previously Wealth TV) which they have carried for awhile now.

To the OP: If you really want AWE, you can get it in HD on Roku: (you would think they would also stream OAN, but evidently they don't)
http://www.awetv.com/roku/

Interesting past info re: its owner:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWE_(TV_network)

They could be considered that. I definitely would consider them that for my own personal viewing, but Sports fans dominate the market. And they are offered on a extra package, the Multisport pack, that gets them across the country. Maybe someone else that has the numbers for them would be able to answer better then I could. I know lack of viewership is what put CSN Houston into bankruptcy(that and Comcasts unwillingness to waiver on terms for carriage.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)