One dish, four receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Diffused Mind™

Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
Hi everyone, I apologize if this question was posted a zillion times before(I used search and didn't find anything completely relevant).

Right now I have Dish 500 with two receivers. I want to add another two receivers, but i'd rather not put another dish on the roof, so I was looking at LNB's with four outputs on them. Do they make LNB's that have four outputs on them & can pick up channels from both the 110° and 119° satellites? I attached a picture of my dish as it is currently.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• lnb.JPG
    lnb.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 185
either go with a quad or a DP34 switch

The switch could go in the house

2 lines from the dish to the switch...up to 4 outputs :)

Iceberg said:
either go with a quad or a DP34 switch

The switch could go in the house

2 lines from the dish to the switch...up to 4 outputs

That DP34 switch would allow me to tune each receiver independently as well?

You need to tell us what receivers you have and plan to add and if that LNB is a DP Twin or a Legacy Twin. You can look in the front of it and it will say DP.

You have two options depending on your receivers and that LNB. If all of your receivers are DP, you can use a DP Quad LNB. Then you will run 4 cables from the LNB to the receivers.

Or if that LNB is also a DP Twin then you can use a DP34 switch. You run 2 cables to the DP34 switch and from there to your 4 receivers.

One receiver is a 2700 and the other is a 3700. My parents got Dish back in the summer of either 1998 or 1999, and recently the dish itself was upgraded to the Dish 500. If it matters, both of the receivers have the new yellow smart cards.

When you say the 'front' of the LNB, is that the part facing the dish, or facing away from the dish?

crap...you'll need a Legacy Quad

DishPro won't work with those units (unless you get an adapter)

Quads are pretty cheap on Ebay

Arrrgh, the legacy quad is just any four-port LNB then?

Edit: what if I used that switch anyway? Would it just outright not-work?

Diffused Mind™ said:
Arrrgh, the legacy quad is just any four-port LNB then?

Edit: what if I used that switch anyway? Would it just outright not-work?

Yes, a legacy quad is a four port LNBF. Make sure you specify that it is LEGACY when you purchase it. if the seller doesn't know the difference, don't buy from them.

The DP34 won't work with your system.

I don't wish to hijack a thread but I think this is relevant. Would it be possible to run more than four receivers with a superdish? I have a friend that wants dish but has 7 TV's that he wants to all be able to watch independently.

that's is kinda what I was thinking. It's just on dishes website for create your own it only goes up to 4 rooms. So I didn't know if adding another switch would degrade the signal or not.

Thanks.

You shouldn't have any problems adding a second DP34 switch. Dish will only lease you 4 receivers, so the other 3 receivers you'll have to buy them yourself. I believe there is a max. of 6 receivers per account though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts