One Dish Or Two??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

broadcasttheworld

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Is it better to get a system like the Dish 1000 to pick up 110/119/129 or is it better to have 1 for 110/119 and another for 129? I currently have the 1000 system and never lose service except for 129 goes out and I lose my HD. Any thoughts?

I had a 61.5 dish, so when it was time for them to come out with the 622 and the Dish 1000 right after they lit up my HD locals on 129, I asked the installer to just swing the 61.5 dish to 129 and I'm glad I did, I have never lost any HD channels. My parents just upgraded last weekend and I told my dad if he didn't mind putting up a 2nd dish to go with a 2nd one for 129, he didn't care, so he has 2, so far after a week, no issues.

If two dishes passes the "aesthetics committee" go with two.

the local install here in southern illinois refused to install a 2nd dish for the 129 said that i could get a signal from the 129 with a second dish but said they dont hook two dishes up on one account.

I had a 61.5 dish, so when it was time for them to come out with the 622 and the Dish 1000 right after they lit up my HD locals on 129, I asked the installer to just swing the 61.5 dish to 129 and I'm glad I did, I have never lost any HD channels. My parents just upgraded last weekend and I told my dad if he didn't mind putting up a 2nd dish to go with a 2nd one for 129, he didn't care, so he has 2, so far after a week, no issues.

If two dishes passes the "aesthetics committee" go with two.

By aesthetics committee do you mean our wives? because that was the reason I had to locate my dish at the back end of my property however since it is back behind my shed I have plenty of room for a second dish with no obsticals. That was the response I expected does anyone know what type dishs i need for the 2 dish setup? I want to get 110/119/129 I am hoping they put my HD cleveland locals on the 129...

That's exactly what I mean. :)

I borrowed that term from the HT Podcast. They use the "finance committee" which I also really like!

I recently got a dish and LNBF from a friend who just got a new Dish1000. What else do I need to make this work. Do I need a switch? Or can I cable to the LNBF on my Dish1000 LNBF and just disconnect the current 129 LNBF on the D1000 setup.

If you have a Dish Pro Plus Twin, just disconnect the 129 that is the DP dual lnb and connect yours into the in port on the DPP Twin.

Yep, which is nice because you can use a separator for the dual tuner receiver. But, if you only have DP lnb, you'll need a DP34 switch. But if you have this you can't use a separator.

Yep, which is nice because you can use a separator for the dual tuner receiver. But, if you only have DP lnb, you'll need a DP34 switch. But if you have this you can't use a separator.

I currently have a Dish 1000 setup. DP Dual and A dp plus with 129 so your saying i unhook the 129 LNBF and setup the new sat could I even use that LNBF on the new dish? and I hook the new dish into the port that the LNBF from the 1000 129 Dish pro connected too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)