One DVR neede to Mirror to two TVs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Perplexed by Diplex

Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
I used to have a set up where I could mirror the DVR in the basement to the TV in the kitchen. Worked great for years. I recently got a new dish for my new HD TV. I relocated the basement DVR to the Family room and still wanted to use it to mirror to a new tv in the basement (above exercise equipment). I also know I can't split the HD signal so I will be using the old dish for the old DVR and new TV.

The installer's pretty much unhooked everything so that the new setup would work.

So I am stuck. I don't understand how to split the signal from the DVR to two tv's. I have several diplexers and splitters and just need someone to help me connect the dots. I have read many posts but they are all confusing. I'm including a diagram of my setup so hopefully someone will tell me to connect which letters to the corresponding spots on the items needed.

One note - I only have one run to the DVR and that's ok with me. I know I can't watch one show and record another. Not a big deal.

DIP = Diplexer, SP = Splitter
I have a dual LNB old oval dish that has two cables coming into the Multi Switch.

Thanks in advance - and ready to work out once the tv works :)

Attachments

• howdoidoit.jpg
    howdoidoit.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 446
This is the simplest way, w/o knowing how your house is wired or how accessible the lines to the other TV's are it could get more complex.

Zynergi:

Thanks for the quick reply. I only have one run going to the DVR from the multiswitch in the basement (where all my cables to the respective rooms are located). There is no way to get a line from the family room to the kitchen (well not without serious construction work).

That sure would of been an easy solution.

They way it used to be setup was there was a diplexer and splitter on the DVR in the basement and there was a diplexer and a splitter in the room with all the cables hooked up to the multiswitch and I think the 2nd TV in Kitchen (mirrored from DVR) was just plugged into the splitter in the cable room.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.