One for the Dish Team: Justified @ 2:00 AM Monday Ch 136HD

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
I have had the subject program set to record on FX channel 136 HD at the specified time. It worked for a while but now gives me about 6-7 minutes of that program, then cuts off. When I look at the guide it shows Paid Programming in the slot. I tried setting seperate timers for them and got just that... Paid Programming, but starting after the 6-7 minutes of the show/episode I wanted.

Can you folks help, either show Justified in that slot or show the whole Paid Programming so that my timer looks to record it at a later time/date?

I have had the subject program set to record on FX channel 136 HD at the specified time. It worked for a while but now gives me about 6-7 minutes of that program, then cuts off. When I look at the guide it shows Paid Programming in the slot. I tried setting seperate timers for them and got just that... Paid Programming, but starting after the 6-7 minutes of the show/episode I wanted.

Can you folks help, either show Justified in that slot or show the whole Paid Programming so that my timer looks to record it at a later time/date?

Is that the weekly episode that's always been in the guide as a 9 minute show?? I get that one recorded too, along with another one that I record on purpose. The latest episode of Justified is on at least two other days and a few different times. Can you record one of those others??

Matt, if you establish a timer for Justified, new episodes only, it will pick up this small seven minute slice of episode #37 (for example). Then when the full length episode #37 comes along it will get skipped because the memory sees it as already recorded (not smart enough to do the seven vs. 60 minutes differential).

Let me see if I can duplicate.

Guide is redownloading as we speak, I didn't see anything for Justified until Wednesday.

Matt, if you establish a timer for Justified, new episodes only, it will pick up this small seven minute slice of episode #37 (for example). Then when the full length episode #37 comes along it will get skipped because the memory sees it as already recorded (not smart enough to do the seven vs. 60 minutes differential).
That may be true if you choose that exact scheduling of the series to record. I have the Wed. night 10 pm ET episode set to record and I also get the 9 minute recap that shows up Monday morning at 2 am ET...

Yep, tricks me every week! I think the show only recorded for a few minutes, then realize it is the recap. My timer is set to new shows.

I have a dual timer conflict at that time so I elected the "midnight" showing.

That may be true if you choose that exact scheduling of the series to record. I have the Wed. night 10 pm ET episode set to record and I also get the 9 minute recap that shows up Monday morning at 2 am ET...

It's not a malfunction! It's a result of the guide information, not Dish's doing. The 2AM recap is seen as a new episode, so "new episode" timers will pick it up. The network did the same thing with Rescue Me. Just "skip" it every week, delete the recordings, or set any other timer (like Skinemax) at that time to a higher priority. You could also use weekly timers, but then you would not automatically skip reruns.

Matt, I deleted and reestablished the timer. The same problem reocurred at 2:00 - 2:05 AM Monday (+/- record start/stop settings). Next week I will miss episode #40 which is not available at any other time during the current guide period.

To the OP, have you ever tried deleting and recreating the timer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)