One HD Channel Coming Next Week - Satracer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
markd said:
:rolleyes: Good for sports fans. But not for the rest of us.

You think D* would mix it up..... A sports channel, A movie channel, A cable channel. You know let everyone have a piece of the pie.

The last rollout was mostly premiums and some people complained about that. No mattered what gets rolled out somebody is going to be disappointed.

:rolleyes: Good for sports fans. But not for the rest of us.

You think D* would mix it up..... A sports channel, A movie channel, A cable channel. You know let everyone have a piece of the pie.
Sports fans? You mean soccer fans. Soccer is not a sport. ;):p

That was just a joke. I know it is a sport

I agree that it makes sense for D* to add these soccer channels. Soccer Fan does pay to watch. They will make a profit from having these. It will keep Soccer Fan from having to go to E*.

The ratings on these channels will be very low. But there are few other channels out there where even with low ratings, they will generate this much revenue.

To the vast majority of D* subs, adding these two channels is a non-newsworthy event.

I agree that it makes sense for D* to add these soccer channels. Soccer Fan does pay to watch. They will make a profit from having these. It will keep Soccer Fan from having to go to E*.

The ratings on these channels will be very low. But there are few other channels out there where even with low ratings, they will generate this much revenue.

To the vast majority of D* subs, adding these two channels is a non-newsworthy event.

I agree totally. FSC and FSC Plus are both minority viewing channels, but both are pay channels. Baring in mind that the EPL is a 38 week season, for DISH to offer these channels in HD and for D* not to would have resulted in thousands of people like me taking my $12.99 and $14.99 on top of my package cost of $79.99 and going straight to DISH.

This was a smart business decision by D*

This doesn't make sense. How can a low rated channel generate revenue. Revenue for TV channels is solely based on ratings and ratings alone, either through advertisement or subscription.

This doesn't make sense. How can a low rated channel generate revenue. Revenue for TV channels is solely based on ratings and ratings alone, either through advertisement or subscription.

As an overview, you are correct. However, it's much more complicated than that. There are channels out there that do not make money and are in effect paid for by the success of other channels. That's why carriage licenses can be quite complicated to negociate. BBC America HD is a classic example of that.

If any provider strictly applied your stated criteria, you would see about 25 percent of the channels vanish over night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)