One in three TV viewers in the US now use an antenna: report

No way..with the digital transformation millions are out of reach....count the number of antennas in your neighborhood...most went to streaming

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

No way..with the digital transformation millions are out of reach....count the number of antennas in your neighborhood...most went to streaming

Sorry, I believe the research. This isn't some fake news report.

The research says they OWN an antenna

Verbiage says USING. Did you even read it?

3867BB04-BE50-4FA3-8389-E75327E06EDC.jpeg

Reactions: andy_horton
Here is something from nielson...the ratings people

The new data from market research firm Nielsen shows that over-the-air viewing increased to 14% of all homes last year from 9% in 2010

So I guess Horowitz Research is just a fake company providing fake results eh?

Incorrect. Quite the opposite actually. More people, especially in and around the major cities, have access than ever before. You don't even need a big rooftop antenna, just a small active antenna will do. You can't count them because you can't see them. If you're out in the country, as I am, a rooftop antenna with pre-amp will pull in more than ever before. Since the digital conversion my number of channels has gone from less than 30 to more than 60. The losses way out in the netherlands is outweighed by the gains around urban centers.

Here is something from nielson...the ratings people

The new data from market research firm Nielsen shows that over-the-air viewing increased to 14% of all homes last year from 9% in 2010

Be carefull with Nielsen, they rely on fairly small groups of respondents and then extrapolate their "findings". Those results are too easily skewed. In this case wildy different results can be acheived depending on what geographical area you draw your data from. For instance, data gathered from North Dakota will be hughly different than data gathered from California resulting in very different conclusions.

Be carefull with Nielsen, they rely on fairly small groups of respondents and then extrapolate their "findings"........For instance, data gathered from North Dakota will be hughly different than data gathered from California resulting in very different conclusions.

If you had read the Nielsen article you would see the numbers on a city by city basis and split by people meters vs metered markets. Nielsen is always careful to avoid problems caused by incorrect sample size.

Over-the-Air TV is Booming in U.S. Cities

Karma is a b****.

Once network TV was free. You just put up an antenna and there you go. And, if you lived too far from the tower, cable TV, under the Fortnightly case, could pick it up for you and there you go.

The the greedy TV stations got the Fortnightly rule changed, and then started to deny sat. users the distant stations, ignoring that many customers simply wanted the network shows and could not care less about the local content (which for many rural people, was not that local in the first place).

And the greedy TV stations started charging more and more for "retransmission consent". So much that now they consider that part of their business model.

And now, it appears, that many people are just happy to put back up granddaddy's old antenna, and combine that with streaming, and pay these stations zero dollars.

Which is what they should have been getting all along.

Hope it hurts.

Cool..now for the rest of the country
The repack will go a long way towards a greater dependency on VHF in some of the more densely packed markets. They don't need to be big markets -- sometimes just several markets in the same region. At the other end, LA will have at least ten VHF stations and has had quite a few all along.

If Next Gen TV catches on with the viewers (it probably doesn't matter if it catches on with the stations if it doesn't resonate with the viewers), some stations may ultimately move back up but until ATSC 3.0 becomes the order of the day, there's going to be VHF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)