One Meter Primestar Mini-Bud Experiment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Translation Russian to English

???????? SVEC C-band ? ??????????? ?? ???????? ??????? (?????? 90??, ?????? 120??, ?????? 1,6?), 11?, ??????.???????. 13/18, ????????, ???????????? 3???.

Monoblock SVEC C-band with an irradiator on the offset antenna (?????? "Supral" 90??, ?????? "Supral"120??, ?????? "Supral"1,6?), 11?, perekl.polarize. 13/18, a plate, stability 3???.

Last edited:
who knew?

:) Go to the Dollar Tree store and buy a plastic cereal bowl for $1.
They sell them in Hot Wheels and Barbie styles which are the perfect size for a C band cone.
I bought the Barbie bowl (my daughter laughed) and cut the bottom out the exact size of the feedhorn.
I then covered with foil and placed onto the feedhorn.
When I read this post a few days ago, I thought the Dollar Tree was some sort of east-coast chain.
Today, I saw a sign for one, and dived in!
Remembered the Barbie name, but not what the product was, so I didn't find the bowl
Next time I'm in the area, I'll go look again.

anole

the dollar stores go by numerous names...here in MN we have Family Dollar, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Everythings a dollar etc

I made a conical feedhorn out of a cereal bowl that costs $1 at the dollar store. It actually improved the signal using my 1.2m dish. I had wanted to post how I made it as well as pictures and signal improvements, but I just haven't had the time.

Pop--I went to the dollar store and bought some plastic cereal bowls. They fit the lnbf perfectly. :upI cut out the bottom of the bowl and lined the darn thing with aluminum foil. Results: 0 ---no reception at all:mad::mad:

I then made an aluminum foil scalar ring to fit in the bowl. Bought those aluminum foil things folks put under the top burners of their stoves (dozen for $2.29).
Results: 0 ---no reception at all.:(:(:(

Now, when I eat my cereal, it makes a mess.:eek:

Please share what you did and how you did it.:eureka

Fixed Dish?

Pop--I went to the dollar store and bought some plastic cereal bowls. They fit the lnbf perfectly. :upI cut out the bottom of the bowl and lined the darn thing with aluminum foil. Results: 0 ---no reception at all:mad::mad:

I then made an aluminum foil scalar ring to fit in the bowl. Bought those aluminum foil things folks put under the top burners of their stoves (dozen for $2.29).
Results: 0 ---no reception at all.:(:(:(

Now, when I eat my cereal, it makes a mess.:eek:

Please share what you did and how you did it.:eureka

Pop-

Is that a fixed or motorized dish and what improvement did you see?

Bloomdog-

I was at the Dollar Tree today and went hog wild buying stuff it cost me $10.:D

Best find was a cellular phone for my 3 year old grandson, It has a Lenticular LCD display that has pictures of the space shuttle and Saturn and Mars. also plays fax machine tones, dial tone, ring tones, Operator, what number please and a dog barking.!sadroll

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)