One more install question

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Dish coming in the morning and just curious if you think the installer will use the "turboHD" dish that is currently in place? I previously mispoke saying it was a dish500. Reason I even bring this up is for warranty issues I would prefer a new dish installed.

Thanks

He will more then likely test it with a super buddy.. If all is good and mounted correctly.. He can use that dish..

If you are an install or mover the tech will mount a new dish. If you have a HD receiver they will use the "TurboHD" dish (1k.2). If you have a standard receiver they may or may not use one.

Dish coming in the morning and just curious if you think the installer will use the "turboHD" dish that is currently in place? I previously mispoke saying it was a dish500. Reason I even bring this up is for warranty issues I would prefer a new dish installed.

Thanks

In the end just request that you would like the most current Dish installed. Again it's your install so to me there should never be a issue with making sure you get what you want and that ALL of your equipment is new and current. :)

Yragha said:

Thanks

The actual dish does actually go bad unless it has been hit with an object. The only part that may need to be replaced would be the lnb.

And fyi, just because its been up there for a while doesn't mean its bad. I've come accross tons of existing lnbs that show stronger signal than the refurbished ones that come out of my van. Not all the parts on an Dish van are new, seems like they are all refurbished

ForumRunner_20120802_095644.png

Just an example of a "brand new inbox lnb". Comes with plenty of sunfade.

If you truly want a new dish, just take down the old 1 before installer arrives & tuck it in the corner somewhere.